/*/*/*/ North Texas Brethren Spring Bash - April 12th, 2014 \*\*\*\

Just got in from work, cracked a cold one and getting things organized to head to the bash in the morning. Still shooting to be there by 10:00.
I've got one question. Is the pavilion we are talking about close to the beach?

Serious wilderness camper, eh? Wish I could help you, but air-beds don't fit in backpacks.

Just drink a lot, and pass out. You'll feel like crap in the morning, but some bacon and eggs, and more liker will sort that out.

CD :becky:
lol...I'll let you know in the morning if the mattress is necessary. It was a requirement of the misses.

I have my rice and "peas" made. I plan to head up there as soon as I wake up and take a shower in the morning.

I plan to hang out for the afternoon, and try to leave before sunset. I look forward to seeing some friends I've already met, and meet a few new friends.

I'll bring a camera.

CD
glad you are bringing the camera. I have mine but would like your take on things and a hand when I am tied up for door prizes and cooking. And maybe some pointers...

Just got in from work, cracked a cold one and getting things organized to head to the bash in the morning. Still shooting to be there by 10:00.
I've got one question. Is the pavilion we are talking about close to the beach?
a hop, skip, and a jump from the beach pic I posted.

Anybody heard from Dave?

Got pig shots prepped & I think everything's packed (thanks to the organization skills of Mrs. Frognot, aka Sandra). Scheduled ETA is 0900 (but possibly closer to 1000.There's a reason some of us work night shift)

G'nite all.

A couple bags of ice would be appreciated by anyone that brings them.

I can't wait for pig shots, Charles!

I ran into the guys from Florida. We're camping in the same area. I'll be breaking down the campsite in the morning and try to be at the Pavilion by 9:30-10. It sucks having to walk a quarter mile to your truck to drop of what you can carry from the campsite. Takes a long time! I think my ribs didn't stay cool enough in my ice chest today. So I'm going to have to make a trip to pilot point to the grocery store and hope they have some tomorrow.

erbeman and Dave, what spots are y'all camped at? peeps is at 73. We're just camping tonight and not sure what spots are open; we have a reservation but spots are assigned on arrival.

Here's a li'l good morning music for all y'all.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvu4nKdLWX8&list=HL1397303585&feature=mh_lolz"]What I Like About Texas (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

I'm at 126 which is right on the water on the point next to the boat ramp by the fishing pier. We aren't camping tonight if you want this spot. It's damn windy though.

I'm hoping for 9:30 arrival............will have UDS for anyone who needs it.

Heading out. Meeting Totally Basted in McKinney at 0800 so pretty much on schedule.

Well gentlemen as much as I hate to say it it looks like am going to have to bow out here at the last minute as the brisket never made it to the smoker last night so I'll have to cook with you guys from home today. that is unless some one has enough cooker space for her to take up for a few hrs she's about 10lbs after being trimmed. would be a late dinner though!

Hello! Peeps,
My husband, Coach Jamie Jones, should be joining ya'll this morning. About 6.5' wearing maroon t-shirt and tan shorts, with my teenage daughter. He is cooking a turkey and some ribs. I will be joining him around 3pm and would like to know if he has forgotten anything. I don't have another way of contacting him, so would you consider asking him to contact me if he would like me to bring anything? Thank you lots and see you soon!

Back