Pastrami, Fatty, Et Al (pr0n)

BobM

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I cooked a pastrami, 2 fattys, and hot dogs.
My daughter grilled some red bell peppers.

I soaked a 5 pound corn beef in water, for 24 hours, changing the water 3 times. I rubbed it with 2 parts ground black pepper, 1 part ground coriander seed and one part garlic powder. I cooked it in my 18 1/2" WSM, at 250F, in an unfoiled aluminum pan, for about 4 hours, until the internal temperature reached 140F. I then foiled it and cooked it until the internal temperature was 190F, about another 3 hours. I pulled it when it was tender with a bamboo skewer.

Both fattys were made from Bob Evans 1 pound sausage logs. One was stuffed with sauteed onions, peppers and a 4 cheese Mexican mix, wrapped in bacon. The second was naked. The fattys and hot dogs were cooked on my 22 1/2" OTG, the fattys to an internal temperature of 160F.

My daughter grilled red bell peppers on my Genesis S-330. My wife cleaned and skinned them, jarring them with olive oil and fresh crushed garlic.

It all came out great!

Pastrami on the WSM.
k3vd.jpg

Ready to be foiled.
x05q.jpg

Done.
fcp1.jpg

Cut up.
h4st.jpg

Yummy.
h0y6.jpg

Sauteed onions and peppers.
cziz.jpg

The bacon wrap.
2ias.jpg

Added Bob Evans sausage.
ug13.jpg

Added sauteed onions and peppers.
7or9.jpg

Added 4 cheese Mexican mix.
senh.jpg

Wrapped up.
ogdo.jpg

With the naked fatty.
cgr0.jpg

On the OTG.
so5g.jpg

Yummy.
e7sm.jpg

Hot dogs on the OTG.
k2vg.jpg

Stuffed fatty cut up.
u711.jpg

Naked fatty cut up.
id7x.jpg

Grilled red peppers.
oxj3.jpg

Beer o' the day.
4utx.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Mighty fine lookin eats there.

The daughters peppers take the show though :thumb:

What's not to love? Pastrami, fatties and grilled peppers and onions, hotdogs...I could eat off of that for days!

Pass the loaf bread!

Bob you rocked that one :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: I love doing pastrami I have not seen one that thick
Awesome cook Your daughter did a great job

That's almost too difficult to look at. If it was half as good as it looked, you had an incredible meal.

Back