Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Roots Festival & BBQ, Paola, KS 8-22-08

P

Paola Greg

So I suppose we gotta put up with Andy all weekend again,:lol:,,,,,who else is coming?
See ya on the square,,,,,,

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Greg!!! I'll be there with bells on.
Looks like we are going to have great weather for it. Not the normal hot and humid stuff we usually have.

Yep, the forecast is for good weather, good music, good bbq, and good friends having a good time. Can't get better than that!

This is another contest I'd either like to visit or cook........guess I'll just have to win the lottery and put this work thing to the side........

Best of luck to all that cook this weekend! I'll be with you in spirit!

Hey

I live in Spring Hill and would love to come down and check this out. I heard Friday is a good day to come and chat with the teams and check out the whole event. Any advise for a newbie trying to check things out before he gets to drunk to drive home??

Todd, Friday afternoon and evening is a good time to visit the teams. Saturday morning until after the last turn-in at 1:30 is a pretty busy time for the teams.
Here is the website for the contest and festival: www.rootsfestival.org
The Roots Festival is a local weekend long event with many top music groups in addition to the bbq contest. The Roots Festival is a non for profit group to raise funds for local charitable causes. As such, there is an admission fee of $10 per day. The budget for this year's festival is $85,000, and you can expect thousands of visitors to our small town square both days......

Please stop by for a visit and a cold drink if you make it either day.

Thanks

Greg:

Thanks for the heads up. I will stop by on Friday evening and say hi.

Todd

We'll be just down the row from Greg - stop in. I would come Sat. evening too, however... as Jonny Lang is one heck of a blues guitarist, I wouldnt want to miss him!!

We'll be there. Hoping to get on the square. We missed last year, but did it the previous 2 years. Good people watching in there as the night wears on.

Any idea if it's still first come first serve on space assignments?

Back