redneck guru

Gotta search for a PID controller now. other than the 'fan' what else is on the parts list?
Depending on the controller possibly a sold state relay, fuse holder, temp sensor. I have a wiring diagram for some control box's we made up. It has alarm circuits and beacon lights. All unneeded for simple control. It is a PDF so I need to send it to a e-mail. But believe me unless you get this stuff off ebay or salvage a Digi Q price looks fantastic.

Depending on the controller possibly a sold state relay, fuse holder, temp sensor. I have a wiring diagram for some control box's we made up. It has alarm circuits and beacon lights. All unneeded for simple control. It is a PDF so I need to send it to a e-mail. But believe me unless you get this stuff off ebay or salvage a Digi Q price looks fantastic.

I'm game to give it a try via salvage.

I would try and keep it basic though ie minus the lights and alarm. lol

Bringing this back from the dead – found some new DYI controller info: HERE

Interestingly, the geek-guru doc in the link is not from a BBQ book, but is a chapter from a book called Geek House: 10 Hardware Hacking Projects for Around Home Just the thing for heathkit & soldering iron types...

510M2DT50PL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA240_SH20_OU01_.jpg

I still have all the parts for this thing but never got around to building it. :(

My only question is... why would you need one on a UDS?

Everytime I think of doing something like this, I fire up the beast and run it for a 12 or 15 hour cook and ask myself that same question.

It's not about need it's about gadgets baby. lol

Back