Has anybody stuffed a pork loin with pineapple?

dwfisk

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Just thinking out loud. Have half a pork loin defrosted and trying to think of a stuffing. I have a reasonably fresh pineapple in the fridge. Maybe crush the pneapple, maybe add some queso blanco, peppers??????? Anybody tried it?

I've chopped pineapple and granny smith apples and mixed with rub and extra cayenne pepper and cinnamon and stuffed into a loin. It was good. Also made a sauce with more pineapple and apples and Jack and honey. I opted to grill instead of smoke. I'd do it again.

Pineapples contain bromelain, a natural meat tenderizer. My experience has been that, if left in contact with meat for too long, the meat will become mushy.

I have tried something like it. For me, it was a failure, and a puzzling one.

I love the combination of pork and pineapple in Chinese Sweet and Sour, and in some chutney preparations, but, when I try to cook them together, the flavors do not meld. I also find that I don't care for the texture of warm pineapple.

Pineapples contain bromelain, a natural meat tenderizer. My experience has been that, if left in contact with meat for too long, the meat will become mushy.

I've made the mistake of making Teriyaki marinade with fresh pineapple juice and the chicken skin turned to a mushy mess on the grill. I would cook the pineapple down a bit. I've never had a problem with the canned stuff...

I also ruined smoke nice chunks of beef tenderloin skewered with fresh chunks of pineapple. I love grilled pineapple so know I cook it separately...

I've tried it but wasn't big on it. I prefer the pineapple to be on the outside of the meat so that it can caramelize, maybe with a little brown sugar.

Back