Five Dollar Turkey...

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I grabbed a $5.21 fresh turkey today at Kroger. I have it in a brine right now, to cook on the rotisserie tomorrow. The weather is supposed to be fantastic -- 80 degrees. Then.... rain and 43 on Thursday, and ice on Friday. :rolleyes:

So, for five bucks, I figured why not cook while the good weather lasts.

More to come.

Anyone else picked up any bargain birds post Thanksgiving?

CD

Nope, but, it sounds like a good idea.

No, but I'll dang sure be checkin da sto now.

Now, the dilemma is: This thread is in the TD subforum. Woodpile Lite. There has been no reference to either a delinquency or on topic aspect. To whack, or doodle? THAT, is the question.

Dang, I though I was doing good getting my 18lbr for $10 at $.59/lb.

Now, the dilemma is: This thread is in the TD subforum. Woodpile Lite. There has been no reference to either a delinquency or on topic aspect. To whack, or doodle? THAT, is the question.

Well fark! I thought I posted this in Q-Talk.

Maybe Ronelle can fix this.

CD

Damn thats cheap.

How big?

We like turkey! So far I've got 8 in the freezer. The six 12-15 pounders were $0.59/lb, the two big ones (+/-20lbs) were $0.39/pound, and we have 2 rain checks for the $0.59/lb birds.

just scored two 20lb birds at Costco yesterday at $0.29lb.. basically $6 per bird... plan on smoking it on New Years Day!!!

I picked up an 18# Jennie-O Fresh last night with plans for Sunday. The big grocery store by my place only had 3 of them left and about 3 butterball frozen. They were still selling for $0.99/#. I probably could have spent a few $ in gas & time to drive around for a better deal, but didn't seem worth it at the time.

Looking forward to see how you do yours. I could use some inspiration. Though, I think I'm going to be lazy and just spatch it and throw it on the drum.

I got a 12 lb Fresh butterball for .47 a LB Mmmm Smoke Turkey samich GOOOD!!! :biggrin1:

Back