Another price ?

dirtydingus

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I've been at odds with myself about prices for just cooking for people. I don't cater per se. They want meat or meats for so many people. Some even bring me their own purchased meat. How do you go about charging a fair price for just cooking the meat and possibly vac-sealing. I use so-ezzys to determine how much meat, but need help on the price to charge the customer. Thanx

You are not the first to have this question. First you need to understand anytime you are cooking for money or friends you are exposing yourself and your assets. After I quit competing and catering I still kept my insurance. I knew I'd be helping with benefit cooks and the occasional family/friend cook. Being a good guy is one thing but got to protect the assets. Next, in determining what to charge, unless you want to loose money at it, figure ALL your expenses down to the propane to fire your fuel. Many want to use a "Buddy" to save money more than because you cook great Que. Multiply your TOTAL EXPENSE by 3. If it isn't worth that to them think of the time you can spend doing something productive. Also, I would never cook any meat someone brought to me. Have them arrange it but you need to have control from the inspected provider all the way to the plate. I believe we may know each other from past events... Also, this my opinion. Others may not agree.

Thanx a lot for your help. Good info. I'll start with your suggestions. Yes, we may know each other. Thanx again.

Back