• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

TGIF...What's Cookin' This Weekend?

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Tonight is "Friday Night Steak Night"...picked up a couple of good lookin' Flat Irons (pics later), the usual baked potato, salad, and Cabernet. Tomorrow is Pizza...We have a few friends coming over to test out my new BGE recipes. Sunday is still up in the air. Have a great weekend folks and Happy Smokin'! :p:biggrin::lol:

2 butts n a brisket for a bunch of fishermen to celebrate the season-well the end of it, well not to celebrate that its ending.....well you know what I mean.

Tonight is pork tenderloins. There will be chicken breasts sometime this weekend, but I have no real plans, since we're going to the Jack tomorrow morning (spectating).

Going to see the Friends of the Bob & Tom Show tonight in Lincoln, so catch as catch can on food. Tomorrow or Sunday I want to do some lamb chops after seeing Plowboys post.

On the road tonight.

Going to the farm tonight gettin ready for deer season. Tomorrow I picking 884lbs of Angus Beef that i had butchered... Yummmmmm

I am doing 8 racks of baby backs tomorrow. Hopefully will post some pron.

Doing a "tasting" for a wedding. Prime rib kebobs and flank steak fajitas. Should be interesting.

Tamales, chili, maybe some fajitas. Our fall has been so mild here that this little chilly string of days is killing me. Deer season opens next week, so I need a few leftovers to take with me.

What's cooking? Same thing as the last 5 or 6 weekends, nothing. :mad:
We're in the middle of looking for a new house (just accepted an offer on ours today) and we don't have a lot of good prospects. We let one get away yesterday, but there was an issue of whether or not it was in a flood plane. By the time we got it figured out, they took another offer. We'll be spending this and every other weekend looking until we find something we like (that we can afford :roll:).

Did 3 brisket flats in the Cookshack Electric smoker, Gonna chunk up one for a pot of chili shortly.
Going to cryovac one for freezer, and the third one is going to my son.
Weather here is going to turn cold and rainy very soon, through the weekend.

Saturday a.m. to start the brisket (10 lb. packer); 3 racks BBS go on around 1 or so; then a fatty; inside making a variation of Keri's hog apple beans, 12-18 ABTs.
All for a long-time group of folks who gather each year and do the Halloween Party thing in costume.

Ribs on Sunday. I'm going to do the mustard thing on one rack and leave the other without. Compare the difference.

20lbs of butt on now, doing 12 lbs of fatties later. Cooking for a halloween party tomorrow. shall be tasty.

Friday Night
Home ground hamburgers with homemade bacon

Saturday Breakfast
Homemade chorizo and eggs

Saturday (all day)
12lb Brisket
10lb Pork Butt
4 Rack of Spares
2 Racks of Beef Ribs
ABTs
3 Fatties
Beans
Slaw
Home made cookies
Pies
SPAM

IT'S NOR CAL BASH WEEKEND!

Chili Weekend Cook

Currently it is raining, Thank the Good Master,....No outside smoking this weekend so's I'm gonna be inside cooking Chili three ways. First is my Nanny's Chili, NC Style, used for Hot Dog and Hamburger topping. Second is two versions of Texas Red using Smoked Chuck I got in the freezer, one mild, and the other using Wanza's Wicked Temptation Hot Sauce for the additional heat..over 2 million scoville!!!!! Can you say,"Burns goin' in, Burns comin' out!"?

Tomorrow starting at about 6:30 AM -
4 boston butts
3 slabs baby back
2 chuckies
2 fatties
16 abts

Neighbors & co-workers put some orders in...The fatties & abts are for me.

Out to dinner tonight.

Saturday, 6 full packers (about 100#) for NASCAR (slicing, cryovacing, & freezing on Sunday)…

Sunday I may just throw a couple spare slabs of spares (sorry) on just to finish off the week….

Back