Comp set up

butts a fire

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
This year we are going to be competing with out a camper. For the last two years we towed our pop-up with us but we sold it over the fall. So my question is what am I going to need that I am forgetting. Here is what I plan on bringing let me know if there is something else that you think would be helpful.

Tables
2 easy ups
turkey fryer
bus tubs
smokers of course
all the knives and other stuff to get the meat ready
coolers
plenty of beer.
Lantern.

Trash can
Charcoal
wood
tie downs
foil
temp probes
food safe gloves
tongs
paper towels
extention cords
electrical splitter
extra batteries
meat
ice
a tent?

check the road maps... there are complete lists I believe. My personal list is going to be different than yours... but mine is 2 columns, one page... and honestly it fits in a pickup bed. I put everything on the list... food included.

Make it as detailed as possible... saying "knives and food stuff" leaves a lot of room to forget something.

Thanks guys, I have all the basics covered like foil and temp probes. We have sides for the ez ups so we should have some shelter. A couple cots might be nice I will have to check those out.

Chad, Coleman has an outlet store in Gardner. If you are looking for more than just one or two things, it might be worth a drive down there. I picked up a Hot Water on Demand system there for $140. Nice big cots were about $30 each.

Might consider something to sit your smoker on, a wet uneven ground can be a real hassel... especially if keeping scadling hot water inside your rig is a priority.

I believe Chad has this really cool thing to sit his smoker on. :biggrin: And it even has levelers in the corners. :eek:

I believe Chad has this really cool thing to sit his smoker on. :biggrin: And it even has levelers in the corners. :eek:

I am actually about to put wheels on the bottom of it so it is easier to move around. But I think I am going to attach them with wing nuts so they will be easy on and off and I can still use the base at comps.

This year we are going to be competing with out a camper. For the last two years we towed our pop-up with us but we sold it over the fall. So my question is what am I going to need that I am forgetting. Here is what I plan on bringing let me know if there is something else that you think would be helpful.

Tables
2 easy ups
turkey fryer
bus tubs
smokers of course
all the knives and other stuff to get the meat ready
coolers
plenty of beer.
Lantern.

Why the turkey fryer?

Dont forget lighting. If you have a small generator then you will need gas and extra oil. I also carry extension cords and a triple outlet. I use 110 volt flourescent trouble lights.
I also carry electric fans to keep us cool.
I also take a windup alarm clock.
Paper and pencils.
I also take an extra cooler for holding foods in case they get done too fast.

Instead of cots we use an inflatable mattress. But it's just me and my wife. Don't know how close you are to your team mates.

Tom

Back