View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 09:10 PM   #24
barbefunkoramaque
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
Man, that looks good and you sliced it right. Nice job. I found I had to cut the salt in the tri-level rub when I used it.

This is so true. If you watch the video closely and read the disclaimer in the notes... you will note that the video makes it look like I am KILLING it with Lawreys. That day I did two briskets and shot a shot and when I edited it the Lawrys section was actually the butt glitter from the other brisket. Therefore you are right... its a light dusting of lawrys. OR a light dusting of Celery Salt or Onion Salt.... then the rub as long as its lower in salt and finally the dalmatian rub, which is NO SALT lemon pepper.

If you use too much salt in the first step (or what I look like I was using) or use the proper amount (light dusting) and a high salt rub of your own... or the more commonly found salted lemon pepper... it will be too salty. In addtion, though... I also bank them in plastic 8 damn hours at least so lots of that sodium gets distributed into the depths of the meat instead of the bark...