Interesting uses for grills besides cooking...

MotorCityBBQ

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
So maybe I've been going a little crazy lately (smoke inhalation?) but what interesting uses for grills besides cooking do you have?

I want to turn a few smokey joe's into an herb pot next to the grills. Just haven't come across any cheap/free yet. Sacrilege?

I've seen a pic of a smokey joe garage light fixture and grills for storage, that type of thing.

Just a conversation starter.

I had thought about building what appears to be a drum set, out of grills, etc..

Use a 22.5 kettle as sort of a laid down kick drum, a couple smokey joes as tom-tom's, and one of those cheap brinkman smokers as the floor tom. The lid from the brinkman could be put on a stand as the snare drum, and the lid from the webers could be hung as cymbals. Maybe a stand with a couple cast iron skillets for the high-hat.

If you used drum stands, you may be able to tilt smokey joes to look like a drum set, but still stand them upright to use as normal.

(Oh, wait....my idea would be an interesting use, in addition to cooking.) Hahaha.

If they are still able to cook food, them give to your buddies who may need a little help in the outdoor cooking dept.

Speaking of light fixtures. Old steel or aluminum stadium lights upside down Inserted into a terra cotta flower pot with a charcoal and grilling grate installed would make a fantastic hibachi.

:idea: On an offset smoker strap the doors shut, slide a TATER down the smokestack pipe, spray aqua velva hair spray into the firebox and lite it off with extended lighter and my friend you now have a tater gun/mortar. :razz: :caked:

:idea: On an offset smoker strap the doors shut, slide a TATER down the smokestack pipe, spray aqua velva hair spray into the firebox and lite it off with extended lighter and my friend you now have a tater gun/mortar. :razz: :caked:

If you weld in expanded metal in the top of the stack and load taters from the inside. That's a pretty cool way to make French fries!!!

Back