American Royal Sausage Catagory

J/K.. you'll find all types. As long as it's not pre-cooked. Many people make their own but it doesn't have to be ground on site. (We actually saw a guy who turned in the maple breakfast sausage. He didn't do very well.)

best kind is sausage, thats been made by a small town meat market.

J/K.. you'll find all types. As long as it's not pre-cooked. Many people make their own but it doesn't have to be ground on site. (We actually saw a guy who turned in the maple breakfast sausage. He didn't do very well.)

Stuffed sausage or fresh sausage like a fatty?

I turned in a stuffed fatty. Go figure. :thumb:

I think that I would have scored better if I had wrapped it in a bacon weave.

Just make sure whatever you turn in tastes good and is well balanced. I am still cringing at the sausages I tasted last year at the Royal. The sausage I had was so bad! After you eat all 4 of the meats, roughly 2 pounds of meat, you have to choke down weird flavored, greasy, sausage, with horrible texture. Then you get to keep tasting it in your mouth for the entire drive back to Minnesota.

Hopefully this year it will be a better experience! I didn't see any fatty style sausages and I think that would do really well. I don't know if you can stuff it, check your rules. Even just a naked fatty with great seasoning and some killer sauce would be welcome in the sausage category!

Eggspert

I turned in johnsonville brats with mustard BBQ sauce. Finished top 15.

I just found the rules. I have pasted below.

[FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Sausage Contest [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]Sausage is an extra meat category, and its score will not count towards Grand Championship. You must turn at least six (6) separate and identifiable portions. Your entry must fit into the Styrofoam container provided with the lid closed. The label with your team number must be on the top of the container. While the meat can be ground and/or seasoned off site, all entries must be cooked on site and within your team’s assigned space. No pre-cooked product will be allowed. KCBS garnish requirements do not apply to this contest. Garnish is optional; however, the lid must close on your container. Do not do anything to your entry that identifies that it came from your team. KCBS heat source requirements apply, [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]www.kcbs.us
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Calibri][FONT=Calibri,Calibri]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Just make sure whatever you turn in tastes good and is well balanced. I am still cringing at the sausages I tasted last year at the Royal. The sausage I had was so bad! After you eat all 4 of the meats, roughly 2 pounds of meat, you have to choke down weird flavored, greasy, sausage, with horrible texture. Then you get to keep tasting it in your mouth for the entire drive back to Minnesota.

Hopefully this year it will be a better experience! I didn't see any fatty style sausages and I think that would do really well. I don't know if you can stuff it, check your rules. Even just a naked fatty with great seasoning and some killer sauce would be welcome in the sausage category!

Eggspert

Amen!!!

Back