So, I had these dry beans you see...TUBESTEAK MADNESS!!!

Best durn beanie-weenies I've ever seen! Hope they were 1/2 as good as they look.

I've been trying to recreate my Great Aunt Agnes's baked beans recipe for a long time. She did it from sight too and never wrote anything down. This time I got darn close enough to what I remember it used to be like. Aun't (We'uns says ANT y'all) Agnes made the best baked beans ever.

Brother that do look gooood!!!!:clap: When i doctor up store bought i never measure what i put in and people ask for the recipie and i say a little of this and some of that!:biggrin1:

Thanks alla y'all! Baked beans and beanie weenies in particular are a comfort food for me from childhood. I fell in love with this dish in Palatka, Florida, the first time I visited my mom's aunt Agnes. (Her married name was Guerry - hence, my name and deguerre from which Guerry was anglicized.) At any rate, apparently I could not stop talking about them, even after the return to Alabama. So, everytime after that, my Great Aunt Agnes ALWAYS had a pan waiting for me when we first arrived for a visit. :-D

Back