OMOSB - "One More Offset Smoker Build"

Triple T this is an inspirational project, I am planning my own offset build shortly and will definitely be referring back to your work. I also hope to see your rig in person when you guys get to Rochester for the Med-City.

One question for you on your build though, are you concerned at all with the weight distribution on the trailer having the smoker and firebox all the way over to one side? I would expect that the wood/storage side of the trailer will be significantly lighter than the "business side". Maybe its a non issue or you addressed it some other way but I thought I'd ask.

Great project, thanks for sharing.

Man I thought for sure with the cooker and all the plating it would just be over 2,000!

Triple T this is an inspirational project, I am planning my own offset build shortly and will definitely be referring back to your work. I also hope to see your rig in person when you guys get to Rochester for the Med-City.

One question for you on your build though, are you concerned at all with the weight distribution on the trailer having the smoker and firebox all the way over to one side? I would expect that the wood/storage side of the trailer will be significantly lighter than the "business side". Maybe its a non issue or you addressed it some other way but I thought I'd ask.

Great project, thanks for sharing.

HJ,

Thanks. I am figuring on the weight being a couple hundred off between the two sides. I also plan on weighing it across the axle once we get it loaded up. With the storage box and and misc tables and other items I am counting on it being somewhat close. The warmer will be on the rear on the right side so that has been calculated into the picture too. Just not done yet. :thumb: The front to rear weight is pretty good right now and so far I have only had to adjust the axle back one inch. The tongue weight is 180lbs right now and I am shooting for 200 lbs or 10& at the end to keep it towing nicely. Its been down I90 at 75-80 already and it tracks like an arrow at the moment. Drop on by and have a cold one with us. Brethren and other fellow BBQ'ers are always welcome! Stop on by were ever we are cooking.

Last edited:
I like the aluminum tread plate..We considered it for ours but I can't remember if it was more expensive or not. Definitely good choice..it's gonna make that trailer pop! Lovin it! I can't remember, is your fb double walled? Be sure to let me know how the high temp paint works out. I'm wanting to go that route. I don't think a fire will spike to 1500 degrees, but you never know right? Those wheels are just hot! I'm enjoying this build thoroughly. Just build another after this so it doesn't have to end!

Well someone would have to want to puchase this one from me before I would build another one, but then again I have seen a couple verticals on here that have sparked my interest too. Ya never know.

Hoping the paint works out.

Intermission - PRON

While we are waiting for the sandblasting and paint work to get done, I though everyone might enjoy a little BBQ Pron.

Working on our Pork Shoulder recipe some more, and a little brisket to boot. Since I had room on the smoker, we also did some hot shots.

424236_3448870864569_1354630820_33413093_2032395160_n.jpg

We are just waiting for the unit to finish going through sandblast and paint. Updates forthcoming everyone.

Triple what kind of thermometer is that? Looks nice!:thumbup:
Golden - Lion. Woodpelletsmoker on here makes them. He is in china. Nice unit. Takes a little getting used to but works pretty well and the price is right. Tell him I sent you.

Just got back into town after have been gone for a week. Having mixed feelings about how the paint work came out for my painter right now. The fenders did not get the body work they needed so those will need to be reworked. More pressing is that the high temp ceramic paint we purchased came out semi flat instead of deep gloss black. Need to call the supplier in the morning to see whats what. I know my paint and body guy can make it right, but we need to get to the bottom of why the paint on the tank came out the way it did. The rest of the trailer is dead on gloss black. A couple quick photos of the progress before the sun went down tonight.

555569_3553807567921_1354630820_33456185_1375116928_n.jpg

552876_3553815888129_1354630820_33456194_1281418595_n.jpg

541117_3553823688324_1354630820_33456198_730425462_n.jpg

558053_3553832368541_1354630820_33456203_792810674_n.jpg

This thing is beautiful! It looks like it just came off the lot! I love the fenders and the stencil cut. The aluminum tread plate makes that whole rig pop. Very well done! I know you're not quite done yet but if mine looks half this good, I'll be happy.

This thing is beautiful! It looks like it just came off the lot! I love the fenders and the stencil cut. The aluminum tread plate makes that whole rig pop. Very well done! I know you're not quite done yet but if mine looks half this good, I'll be happy.

Thanks. We have spent a chunk of change on making it right and making it pretty too. Wait till you see the backlighting on the stencil cut. Its gonna really pop. Yours is really coming along. Come on up and do a comp and we can park next to one another. ;>

:becky:

Back