Used the New Maverick ET-732

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Granite City, Illinois (Near St. Louis "GO CARDS")
Worked great! Easy to use. Smoked 4 butts.
IMG_3360.jpg

IMG_3359.jpg

IMG_3332.jpg

What do you have your probes going thru?? Me like.

Got that idea from BluDaug. It works nice and looks professional.
Home Depot was about $3.50

UF watertight conduit nut in the side of mine it has a rubber grommet in The middle so your leads don't get chafed. they cost about a buck in the electrical section at the building centers.
It can be seen above the shelf;

I plan on adding one to the offset smoker too.
uds016.jpg

UFwatertightconnector.jpg

I'm glad it worked for you. My ET-732 was a total waste of money. The older ET-73 I have is a much better product, IMO.

Got that idea from BluDaug. It works nice and looks professional.
Home Depot was about $3.50

UF watertight conduit nut in the side of mine it has a rubber grommet in The middle so your leads don't get chafed. they cost about a buck in the electrical section at the building centers.
It can be seen above the shelf;

Thanks Pap! I will be doing the same. Really like the looks of it. I have mine going thru like a thermal couple adapter and it looks lame. Your method looks nice and beefy. Thanks again...

IMG_3359.jpg

You should be able to hang the receiver on you therm. dial if you turn the stand around

turkey0029761784.jpg

Is it really that different from the ET-73?

The range is amazing on the 732. I only got about 30' from the 73, I've gone well over 100' with the 732 and never lost the signal. and if you were to, it's got an audible warning to let you know.

I am going to use mine tonight for the first time on a butt! Plan on getting up at 3am and getting smoker started, and meat on by 4am

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I'm glad it worked for you. My ET-732 was a total waste of money. The older ET-73 I have is a much better product, IMO.

What problems have you had or how is the et73 different from the 732? I have the 73 and have been thinking of getting the new 732 because the range on mine blows! TIA Vince

i think i am getting the 732 for me b-day. cannot wait. I burned my 73. literally.
It worked fine, but the whole not telling me that it was outta range kinda sucked.
If that was the only mod, I'd buy it. But there are more mods....

I'm loving mine...I just wish the probe cables where longer!! I can't figure out a good way to hang it on my WSM,I just run them under the lid and duct tape it to a railing nearby!!! lol

I'm loving mine...I just wish the probe cables where longer!! I can't figure out a good way to hang it on my WSM,I just run them under the lid and duct tape it to a railing nearby!!! lol

i used to do something similar. used a zip-strip off a garden post.
Got lazy one night and just let it sit up on the lid handle.
Well, it fell off onto the lid and melted.
Split open and melt.

i used to do something similar. used a zip-strip off a garden post.
Got lazy one night and just let it sit up on the lid handle.
Well, it fell off onto the lid and melted.
Split open and melt.
Thats the kind of thing I was afraid of by just letting it hang!Or stressing out the cables.
Any one have a good set-up for the WSM ?

So far so good on with my first attempt with the Maverick 732.. spot on reading.. smoker is out back, and I have been all over house with no issues. I just hope that its durability is good. It sure is nice just being able to quickly check ur pit temp from in the house.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Back