Anyone willing to give up a kick butt mustard, vinegar BBQ sauce recipe?

kylersk

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Something with a good kick and to throw on pulled pork sandwiches?

Blues Hog has a pretty good one for pork.

Attachments

• STA_3350.jpg
    STA_3350.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 334
I will admit that I am not a fan of mustard sauces but the Blues Hog Honey Mustard posted above is pretty good!

I will politely disagree about the BH honey mustard. I love the other BH sauces, but the honey mustard doesn't do anything for me. (No offense).

I have a few laying around, but not in front of me :)

I agree Roxy's Mustard Sauce is definitely one to try out. We like it?:thumb:

This is not really a recipe, but, how to adulterate someone else's recipe for my own purposes. I take 1/2 cup of a mustard I really like the taste of. I start adding cider vinegar or rice wine vinegar until it is the consistency I want. I then correct with honey or corn syrup for sweetness and then add some horseradish for more kick. Currently I am using Sierra Nevada Porter and Spicy Brown mustard as a base.

I also make a scratch version of this, but, that would require a recipe which I do not have apparently.

i use yellow mustard, cider vinegar, brown sugar, molasses, hot sauce, salt and pepper and a shot of kethcup. i like to cook it down a bit and serve warm for pulled pork.

While I have my own recipe for a mustard based sauce, when I don't feel like going to that much trouble (which is most of the time), lately I've been doctoring up Cattleman's mustard sauce - a bottle of Cattleman's; 1/3 cup molasses; 1/3 cup bourbon; 1/3 cup cider vinegar; a couple tablespoons of rub du jour (lately I really like the taste of the Rendezvous rub clone from the recipe at Amazingribs.com); and a couple tablespoons of worchestershire sauce. I mix it all in a saucepan and let it simmer for 15 to 30 minutes and adjust to taste. Comes out pretty decent IMO (and family likes it, so...)

Oh, and when I want to "kick it up" a notch, I add some ground Bhut Jolakia, which has a great smokey taste. I divide the batch when I do this since only me and my SIL can generally handle that much heat.

+3 on Roxys!! We make it by the gallon. All the neighbors want some when we make a batch. Great on anything from pulled pork to hot dogs to ham sammies!!

Back