Blender Butter Surprisingly Easy!

Ashmont

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Just got this one outta the bucket yesterday. Really wanted to do it and it was surprisingly easy. Sorry no picks left camera at home. First batch was salted butter, second was butter with a hint of garlic and The third was butter with some Blues Hog rub. All were fantastic and now all I need is to go get some corn...

Here the one I used:

The ingredients needed for this type of butter include:

• One pint of whipping or heavy cream, whichever is your preference or in your price range
  • Blender with multi speeds
  • Cheese cloth for straining
  • Bowl
  • Wooden spoon or spatula
  • Container to hold the finished butter in
  • Plastic wrap
  • Salt, and spices depending on the type of butter you are looking to make

You should make sure you let the cream sit out of the refrigerator so it becomes the same temperature as the room, if it is too cold it will take far too long to whip into butter.

1. Pour the room temperature cream into the blender, and begin mixing it at a slow steady speed. Do not blend the cream too fast because it will not whip into a smooth mixture of cream, you will have whipped cream instead.
  2. You should be able to see yellow blobs in the mix; this is when you will stop blending. It can take anywhere from ten minutes to forty minutes depending on the cream's temperature.
  3. Then pour the contents from the blender through the cheese cloth into a bowl. The liquid you have poured is buttermilk, and you can save this.
  4. The butter will be in the cheese cloth, you will want to twist the cloth around it, and squeeze the remaining liquid from the butter.
  5. Rinse the butter under cold water, and place it on a plate.
  6. Use a wooden spoon that has been soaked in cold water to prevent sticking to work the butter out. More buttermilk may expel out of the mixture. This is good, you should do this as many times as it takes to loosen the buttermilk from butter, and also soften the ball of butter that you have made.
  7. Rinse the ball under cold water, and make sure all of the milk has come out which shouldn't be more than five minutes to do.
  8. If you want your blender butter salted, you are then able to roll the salt into it. This can also be a point where you would add any herbs or spices to the butter as well. This gives you different tastes when spreading butter on your different foods. Some examples of spices can include cinnamon, tarragon, lemon or orange zest, and parsley. There are many other types of spices out there that can add really unique flavors to your blender butter.
  9. Pack it into a container, making sure the cover or plastic wrap around it is tightly secured so it does not pick up odors that can come from the refrigerator. Once this is done, and you have chilled your butter, you are then ready to enjoy it on many of your favorite foods.

Way to go , when I was a kid we use to make butter using a churn
6366_butter_churn_1.jpg

After, but, not long after. :p Nice description of the process, sounds easy.

You loose about 1/3 to butter milk

mmmmm butter....rich, creamy butter!! nice job, Ash!

I have made butter before by just keeping the carton CLOSED (as in factory sealed) and just shaking the heck out of it! REALLY GREAT PROJECT FOR KIDDOS!!!!
You can hear/feel the butter in there once it is solidified. Then, just open the carton ALL THE WAY UP and dig or pour it out and squeeze the liquid away.

My wife just started to dislike you Brother Ashmont, I'm gonna do this... I love to Bake, and this will fit into my Lifestyle just nicely

My wife just started to dislike you Brother Ashmont, I'm gonna do this... I love to Bake, and this will fit into my Lifestyle just nicely

Wow! Just made page 6 of Dislikes other half's..... Speed is the clue slow to medium or you get Whipped cream..... Which is not bad if your doing Angel Food cake with strawberries and cream OOOP"s Did I just say that? Please hide any cast iron pans if I ever visit....:icon_blush: :boxing: :behindsofa::bolt:

I've been doing this for some time and it sure beats buying butter form the store. I've tried herbs, black salt, himalayan pink salt, and curry salt (separately) as mix-ins. I usually divide it into smaller lumps and freeze, then pull out a lump of butter every now and then when i need it. It's good stuff and so easy to make!

Hey Ash I did this about a month ago and was very surprised at the results and how easy thought a bit messy, until I got my grove on. Only difference was I did not use salt, added yogurt the night before and let it sit out overnight to let it make a culture. I posted it here somewhere.
Dave

Back