View Single Post
Old 04-01-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
I can't help but wonder if there isn't some other supply/demand thing going on as well. Like that brisket for BBQ has become all the rage, even out here in California, where it never sold well before. Suddenly, I have been hearing and reading folks out here all talking about you can tell a good BBQ place by it's brisket, I love brisket, brisket is BBQ etc... I notice that chuck and sirloin remain pretty stable in price and availability
In Maryland it has always been expensive ($5/pound is a good price here and I've seen select for $9/pound at regular grocery stores) and we have ZERO BBQ tradition and few places that even sell BBQ. BBQ is all about taking cheap cuts of meat and making them taste good. It doesn't have to be brisket. I'm very happy to cook chuckies and they're less than half the price. They're also easier and very tasty. I love brisket, but I'm not a brisket snob.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->