The 2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash

I figure Hotch has a Plan B, C and D. He's a plan-meister (and we appreciate it!)
Yep, no worries.
Plan B is if the park is not accessible for us, we will setup at my house in Prosper!
We will probably on the deck area like we did for the Pizza Party. Head count was around 45+.
My little Honda rider may get a workout hauling the smokers around back! Or we can set them up in the drive.
It's not far and easy to get to. And yes Shelly is on board with Plan B!! :mrgreen:

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

DSC02372.jpg

DSC02373.jpg

:mod: 27 Days Till The 2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash! :mod:

FYI:
I just posted an invite to the Bash on the BBQ Brethren FB page.
And the Texas BBQ Cookers FB page.

There may be one or two others I will post to later on.

Hopefully we can get a few more to come out for the Bash!
PLEASE go ahead and sign in on the Sign Up sheet ASAP!!
We need to know who is coming to the Bash!!
:mrgreen:

Is the Spring Bash always around the same period? End of March?
We are planning to do a BBQ pilgrimage to Texas next year, were thinking April/May. Might have to move it 'cause nothing beats meeting people in person!

We try for March but don't always succeed. Hopefully we can do March every year as may is way too hot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Is the Spring Bash always around the same period? End of March?
We are planning to do a BBQ pilgrimage to Texas next year, were thinking April/May. Might have to move it 'cause nothing beats meeting people in person!
March just seems to line up on the calendar for the Texas BBQ Brethren Bash. Last year I believe it was late April for the Spring Bash. Had some wild winds but Sliding Billy saved the day with a few Blue Tarps setup as wind breaks.
Every year, as early as I can, I take a look at what all is going on as far as Cook-Offs, EggFests and other events. Then try to see what works.
Hopefully we can say it will be on the 3rd or 4th Saturday of March.
Hope you can make it next year!! :mrgreen:

March just seems to line up on the calendar for the Texas BBQ Brethren Bash. Last year I believe it was late April for the Spring Bash. Had some wild winds but Sliding Billy saved the day with a few Blue Tarps setup as wind breaks.
Every year, as early as I can, I take a look at what all is going on as far as Cook-Offs, EggFests and other events. Then try to see what works.
Hopefully we can say it will be on the 3rd or 4th Saturday of March.
Hope you can make it next year!! :mrgreen:

Ok, thanks, will keep an eye for the announcement for the 2019 bash!

Anyone planning to stay in the area overnight? i always leave early from both the Spring and fall Bash knowing a lot of fun goes on after 4 pm. Not talking about booze, just the social part. Not against booze but these Bashes have never been drinking events but about bbq cooking/eating and shooting the bull. I do love the Cabo shot, however...... :-D

Anyone planning to stay in the area overnight? i always leave early from both the Spring and fall Bash knowing a lot of fun goes on after 4 pm. Not talking about booze, just the social part. Not against booze but these Bashes have never been drinking events but about bbq cooking/eating and shooting the bull. I do love the Cabo shot, however...... :-D

I think ag76 and Toast stay over. I think last year they stayed at the marina hotel close by. I’ll see if I can find the web page tomorrow. :mrgreen:

Was looking forward to seeing all you farkers but I just don’t have the energy yet and the docs want me to stay close as I start some new treatments. Feeling a lot better every day but just not where I need to be to make the haul out to Ray Roberts. Y’all have a great time & have a swig of Cabo for me.

Was looking forward to seeing all you farkers but I just don’t have the energy yet and the docs want me to stay close as I start some new treatments. Feeling a lot better every day but just not where I need to be to make the haul out to Ray Roberts. Y’all have a great time & have a swig of Cabo for me.
Dave you get well and we will see you next time! :mrgreen:

Here are the ones close by:
Lone Star Lodge and Marina at the lake.
http://www.lonestarlodgeresortandmarina.com

And Sanger Inn in Sanger or Four Horsemen Travel Lodge in Pilot Point.
I've not stayed at any and can't speak for their quality.
There are also a few in Denton. :mrgreen:

Back