/*/*/*/ North Texas Brethren Spring Bash - April 12th, 2014 \*\*\*\

Of course Smoked Spam is a Rule! A Must! A Tradition! :mrgreen:

SmittyJonz your right down the road, ever been over to see us, or Jambo's? Spam we could do, I was thinking spicy chili with cheese and crackers, but it might be to hot for that, what do you guys think?

SmittyJonz your right down the road, ever been over to see us, or Jambo's? Spam we could do, I was thinking spicy chili with cheese and crackers, but it might be to hot for that, what do you guys think?

I think chili is a year round food, plus no telling what the weather's gonna do. Sure had some beautiful weather for last year's gtg so hoping the tradition continues.

Gotta give a shout-out for the folks that got this bash rolling. It's shaping up to be a mighty fine time.

So here is what I am thinking on the door prizes for now...

• Depending on all the door prize donations, I will gather up 1 item from every donor to put in a super-duper BBQ mega pack as a grand prize for one lucky Brethren.
  • The rest will be bundled in smaller packs or individually depending on total donations and attendance.
  • Only registered Brethren are eligible...guests, family members, etc will not be eligible unless they are also an active member. That doesn't mean have your whole family sign up as members here to increase your chances, either :wink:
  • Upon arrival, each Brethren's name will be put into the pot. I will likely pre-print these from the sign-up list. Must be present to win...though if you come and have to leave early, there will be an exception and I will figure out a way to get you your prize. No shows will miss out.

None of this is set in stone other than it only being open to registered members. I am open to your thoughts and suggestions, also.

I've driven by Jambos several times - never seen it open..........where are y'all?

I am taking the day off and will get there probably early afternoon on Friday to get camp setup and maybe go for a hike before dinner/dark.

We only have the pavilion for Saturday.

Peeps,do you think it a good idea to have a link in your posts with Dates, times ,location and open invitation? It is open???? or is it payback time for select individuals? :nono:
Or maybe ,,,ah-heem,a certain party might edit his link, unless he feels last year's NTX Bash still needs plugging.
I jotted it on the calender for Fri noon through Sat night. Now to see if swmbo put's her approval on it. I'm thinking about scouting out the park to see how adjoining site(s) would work for setting up a gathering place for Friday night. Is the pavalion ours Sat night or must it be vacated that afternon? All this has probibly been discussed already but I don't have time right now to read the intire thread.

Peeps,do you think it a good idea to have a link in your posts with Dates, times ,location and open invitation? It is open???? or is it payback time for select individuals? :nono:
Or maybe ,,,ah-heem,a certain party might edit his link, unless he feels last year's NTX Bash still needs plugging.
I jotted it on the calender for Fri noon through Sat night. Now to see if swmbo put's her approval on it. I'm thinking about scouting out the park to see how adjoining site(s) would work for setting up a gathering place for Friday night. Is the pavalion ours Sat night or must it be vacated that afternon? All this has probibly been discussed already but I don't have time right now to read the intire thread.
:rofl:

Smitty, edit your link, bud :wink:

I'm pretty sure we have the pavilion until the park closes (10pm).

I'm looking at sites with water AND electric, so if you are scouting, scout them :thumb:

Mac & I will be in at DFW by noon Friday, going to hit a couple spots on the way up and be there by late afternoon Friday. We are camping (me in a rental minivan, Mac in his tent) Friday & Saturday nights. We were going to reserve a drive up site with water & electric for both nights. Should we try to ID the group when making the reservation (North Texas BBQ Brethren)?

Sites are first come first serve at Texas state parks, unless making a camping reservation for a large group. I think we are just gonna have a handful of people camping and who knows...we might need a break from each other at some point :wink:

I will probably try to get a spot at the bottom of the Deer Ridge Area (Sites 49-58).

Last edited:
Confirmed
1. peeps, mrs peeps, and lil' peeps.
2. Chris (AKA sliding_billy), and maybe the boys (Adrian and Calvin).
3. frognot (and maybe Mrs. Frognot)
4. LEGENDS BBQ, Mrs. Legend, Legend Jr., The Princess, and Ms. Hell on Wheels
5. SmittyJonz
6. Totally Basted
7. dwfisk & Mac
8. DaveAlvarado
9. Whistler & Mrs. Whistler (and maybe BBQ buddy)
10. GrillsGoneWild + wife and 3 kiddos
11. SpicemanJames

Maybes
1. Hawg Father of Soul
2. bvbull200
3. Smokesignalsfromtx
4. Mrtodd777
5. Bob O Q Shawtee

Door prizes are to be provided from:

- Oakridge BBQ
- Ted & Barney
- All Things BBQ
- Stark Boards
- Spicewine
- Hutchins BBQ in McKinney
- SpicemanJames
- Still working on more!

Hey guys I'm pretty new to this forum, as I have always hung out in www.texasbbqforum.com. So I don't really know anyone on here, but I live in Frisco, TX and have been wanting to go camping at the Isle since last year. So count me in. I'll probably take Friday off and bring one or two of my kids and camp. My kids are 12 and 16 so they will probably be doing their own thing for the most part. I am happy to bring my UDS and cook something. I'm best at Texas style brisket with a thick bark, borracho beans that I put chopped brisket in, or meatloaf, but I'll be glad to cook anything. So count me in.

Welcome! I added you to the list.

Also, everyone should note that I tried to add all the relevant/important info to the first post so you guys know where to find it all. Currently I have to PM a mod to make the changes, so there may be some lag in the attendee list or any new developments.

Confirmed
1. peeps, mrs peeps, and lil' peeps.
2. Chris (AKA sliding_billy), and maybe the boys (Adrian and Calvin).
3. frognot (and maybe Mrs. Frognot)
4. LEGENDS BBQ, Mrs. Legend, Legend Jr., The Princess, and Ms. Hell on Wheels
5. SmittyJonz
6. Totally Basted
7. dwfisk & Mac
8. DaveAlvarado
9. Whistler & Mrs. Whistler (and maybe BBQ buddy)
10. GrillsGoneWild + wife and 3 kiddos
11. SpicemanJames
12. erbeman + 1-2 kiddos

Maybes
1. Hawg Father of Soul
2. bvbull200
3. Smokesignalsfromtx
4. Mrtodd777
5. Bob O Q Shawtee

Last edited:
I don't know how to do sig links... Using the icon don't work

Ok never mind. it works now - only had to try it 17 times.

It is Open to all NonAHoles....... :mrgreen:

I've driven by Jambos several times - never seen it open..........where are y'all?

From what I have seen he closes about 6:00 pm unless he sells out, I know the other day not 1 1/2 hrs. after he opened he was putting more brisket and ribs on. That place has been a BBQ joint before but his place is packed almost every day. All I have to say about it is go Jamie, I like it because I make some his seasonings for him. :grin::grin::grin: and he is closed Sunday and Monday.

Back