Meat mixer for pulled pork.

Pyle's BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Has anyone ever used a meat mixer, like the ones for sausage, to break up pulled pork?

The thought came to me as I was elbow deep in hot pork last weekend. I think it would be easier and faster then by hand.

I like pulled pork in finger sized pieces. I don't think that a machine can duplicate that. Try it and see what happens----but my guess would be Pork Pate'

I have used a kitchenaid, although I can not remember exactly which attachment i used. It was the lowest speeding settign as well.

Although it was not 'pork pate', it WAS more musheds than I typically like.

I know there are folks that do this frequently.

i feel there is no substitute for hand pulled pork! we feel a certain amount of pride in hand pulling our meat.ive eaten pork run through a machine i dont like it at all.i know of one place that all they do is pull the bone and fat cap and run through machine you can find all kinds of neat stuff in there meat:shock: we do chop ours up with a pizza rocker knife after its all pulled just to make it easier to portion control but the peices are still pretty big.

I think they make different blades even for the commercial grinders but sinse I grew up in Memphis, I agree with our Tennessee brother--pull and chop is the only way to go!!

I have used a buffalo chopper, bear claws, forks etc.

My preferred technigue is the following gloves.
I can pull my meat very fast
gloves8.jpg

http://www.texasbbqrub.com/tools.htm

Back