Battle of the BBQ Brethren, Sayville, NY - Oct 24-26, 2008

I'm REALLY glad that you like them Sled, because now I know that you will get a real kick out of the next addition to the graveyard that I have planned! :wink: :biggrin:
Hmmmmmmmm I wonder.....:evil::evil::evil::evil:

Had a great time (despite the long drive). The on site judging was a fun time for all and I was really impressed by some of the entires. As a judge I think it was just as akward and just as much fun for us. Please include this again next year if possible. It would be nice to have some freedom for the team captain to ask certain questions to the teams when we arrive such as:
- How did you incorporate tha featured ingredient?
- What techniques did you use while preparing the dishes?
- Any special touches or flavors you would like the judges to notice?
Just some general banter to subdue some of the akwardness.
Thanks for all your efforts.
At my site I was asked or offered all of those things even though everybody knows I am really shy:icon_blush::biggrin:

I'm REALLY glad that you like them Sled, because now I know that you will get a real kick out of the next addition to the graveyard that I have planned! :wink: :biggrin:

Hmmm...

Buk - Buk - Buk - Buh - Gaaaw!!!

Congrats Clint!

Sounds like you all had a great time.

Looking forward to next week when the 2009 thread starts. :wink:

Thank you for the suggestions. Feedback is VERY much appreciated. I will absolutely be collating the suggestions and we will be using them to try to improve any event that we are involved with in the future.

Eric

Hi,

I would appreciate if competitors could please let me know if someone from Butternuts Ale came by and gave you some Porkslap Ale. Please let me know if they DID or DID NOT.

Thanks,

Eric

No beer but some guy delivered about 50 pounds o avocados.:biggrin:

Eric, there weren't medals on Saturday, were there?
Also, If anyone wants a 3x contest tee let me know. They turned out great.

hi,

i would appreciate if competitors could please let me know if someone from butternuts ale came by and gave you some porkslap ale. Please let me know if they did or did not.

Thanks,

eric

did not

No beer but some guy delivered about 50 pounds o avocados.:biggrin:

Eric, there weren't medals on Saturday, were there?
Also, If anyone wants a 3x contest tee let me know. They turned out great.

No medals, just checks and plaques.

Hi,

I would appreciate if competitors could please let me know if someone from Butternuts Ale came by and gave you some Porkslap Ale. Please let me know if they DID or DID NOT.

Thanks,

Eric

Nope. I got one from smokers lounge but did not see anyone nor did any beer show up.

Hi,

Thanks,

Eric

Nope

Hi,

Thanks,

Eric

nope

Suunds like everyone had an amazing time. Wish I was there to see it.

Eric really seems to have done an exceptional job... Very impressive.

Jimmy/Jay - glad I could help and just as pleased to hear that the charcoal maze actually works and you got killer burn time. I'd like to see a pic of Jay using a Guru too :biggrin:

Sled must have really put on his poker face to those judges because in addition to picking up last minute equipment he also borrowed a bottle of Wesson Vegetable Oil... :biggrin:

pat here, from excelerators... My first comp, 30th place, honestly i couldnt be happier. Met some great people, was surrounded by some of the best, ie clint and dirty dicks legless. Congrats clint and everyone else. Thanks for making the transition into comp bbq an easy one. We didnt have any signs, or labels, or shirts made up, but we were the team with enzo and angel(the two pitt bulls). everyone there went above and beyond anything they had to do, we all weathered the storm, and the power outtages together.

Back