Gator Pit Owners

Nice pit! I have an "Entertainer" and love it. Cooked for 125 yesterday and she handled the job easily. Rich does build a quality pit. Enjoy.

Nice looking pit! It's purely cosmetic but I really like the looks of your square firebox vs the cylinder shape they normally do . I also see you are preheating a stick over the firebox. How well does that work having the expanded metal on top of it?

Actually it's round firebox. Preheating the wood works great, always lights right away.

Very nice!! I also like the set up for keeping it under cover.

I do not own a Gator, but I do personally know Ritch. Great guy and he has built a great company. I own and support Pits BY JJ, but feel it is important to show support to BBQ brothers.

Here is my 2448 AKA "Holy Smokees"

IMG_2864.jpg

Here it is loaded up on Saturday for my little ones Bday

906629ef.jpg

Mine was not bought from Ritch, I found it on CL about 6 months ago. It was on the side of a restaurant being neglected. The previous owner said it was too hard to cook on and he was just using it like a charcoal bbq. Except the clown was dumping the coal on the tuning plates instead of using the charcoal grate.:crazy: After some extensive refurbishing and clean up. I added some things to it that Ritch puts on the new ones and this is the result. I still need to paint it but I figure I can do that anytime. On a side note, I emailed Ritch when I first got it regarding its age. Ritch got right back to me and also sent me all new decals and a Gator emblem for it. He was really willing to help me , even though I didnt buy it from him.:clap2:

I am on my 3rd Gator and just love them... You cannot go wrong with the work Rich does... Here is a pic of my latest..

Attachments

• New Gator.jpg
    New Gator.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 248
  • New Gator1.jpg
    New Gator1.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 248
All great rigs, guys. Chad, that was a nice find. I'm sure it cooks just as good as the day it rolled out of Ritch's shop. Really cool seeing all the different styles of cookers. Thanks.

I just ordered a new Party Gator, so now I'll just sit back and wait for the next 16 weeks for it to be made......Should be well worth the wait.

BTW this is an awesome website...lots of great info!!!!!!!!!!

Gator Pit!

I love my Custom Gator Pit, I really enjoy cooking on it,very high quality pit and excellent service, you will not find any better customer service than at Gator Pit of Texas. Thought I would share a pic of my Gator BBQ Pit.

Attachments

• P1010402.jpg
    P1010402.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 129
Back