View Single Post
Old 05-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #1
Mahoney86
Full Fledged Farker

Default Those of you who own Lang 84s

The saga continues on my quest for a new smoker. I was dead set on a 48 model a few months ago and realized the extra space of a 60 would make much more sense as I do not want to out grow another smoker. So I have been researching like mad about the Lang 60s and was ready to pull to trigger until I continued reading and everyone with a 60 regrets not going with an 84.

Currently I cook a few days/nights a week. I like the ability to cook different proteins so that when I fire the cook up I can enjoy it all day. While the brisket or butt is cooking all day long, Ill had chicken for lunch and Ill add a fatty for breakfast. I normally cook from anywhere from 4 people to 20-30 people on holidays/parties. I would definitely like to try a comp soon and I would be interested in cooking for some charity events/fundraisers if I was asked. I also cook at football tailgates.

If I don't end up doing comps or doing any fundraisers etc.. I feel like an 84 is going to be a total waste of a good cooker and is going to be pointless to fire up on for the weekend cook. The only thing driving me towards the 84 is I found a very very good deal on an older one, but man do they just look huge!
Mahoney86 is offline   Reply With Quote