Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

Make this thread a sticky - it is great reading for anyone considering going into the restaurant business - Heck - it is great reading for those of us who are NOT considering going into the business!

Great to hear from you Jeremy.
Feel better soon.

I haven't been on this forum in a coon's age and haven't kept up with past replies. Maybe next week. I've been stricken with pneumonia for about a month now. Don't let it fool you, the stress with this can literally kill you. I'm just thankful I have staff in place that can run it without me.

Coming up on the official one year anniversary, so i hope to provide some sort of encompassing summary or something.

Thanks.......still had to get my fix, so I've checked your facebook site every so often to make sure you was still doing well, and kicking.

I hope Marubozo is getting better very soon! The positive to take out of it is that he has got the business running without him being in it every moment. Better for him to work ON the business than IN it!

Get better soon Jeremy. Glad that other than the bug, all is well...

PS, still loving your pickle recipe. Ended up making some and giving them away as Christmas presents. And the people receiving them were excited about it.

If your crew is able to keep things humming when you're down with pneumonia, you CAN have some time off during the week. It will take discipline, but you can have a life too

Pneumonia?! :shock: Yep, that's a good reason for not posting.

Hope you get better soon, brother. Thanks for touching base with us.

Finally back to about 100%. Being sick for a month kicked my ass big time. At least I avoided the hospital. Problem is it was a setback business wise as I got behind in some things, but getting caught back up now.

Had a really bad week earlier this month thanks to weather. Schools closed for nearly a full week and the restaurant was a ghost town. But it affected everyone across the board. Still, a week of not making money when there are still bills to pay sucks.

Fast forward to this past weekend and it was one of the busiest of the year. Sold out by 5 on Saturday and 2 on Sunday. You just never know.

Got a busy couple of weeks coming up. On Thursday the chamber is coming out for an anniversary ribbon cutting ceremony. Then we're working with a benefit event for a kid with cancer and will be providing the food for 400. And someone just called and wants 100 chickens for Valentine's Day. :eek:

Right now the goal is just to run lean and get through the relatively slower next few months and then when the weather breaks I think it's going to get downright crazy. Only time will tell.

Glad you're feeling better!

Had a woman come up to me at a church function the other night -- feeding +/- 80 homeless people in our community -- and she said, "You really need to open a restaurant..."

And I got a slight tingle.

And then all I could think of was "Remember the Prized Pig!"

Glad to see you're still kicking.

...and what kind of Valentine's Day requires 100 chickens? Sounds either weird or awesome. :p

Wow. In two nights I have read this entire thread. Amazing story. A shout out to your wife and kids for staying by your side through all this. While I know it's not been easy on you, I'm sure it hasn't been easy for those behind you at home. Congrats on your success thus far. Hope it continues.

Back