Pepper Stout Beef.... w/Venison!?!?

sefus12

Reaction score
So I have a few frozen venison tenderloins I've been trying to figure out what to do with. I've also been drooling over all the pics I've seen of the pepper stout beef. So I was thinking, do you think I could smoke my 3 lbs of venison tenderloin, pull around 135, and then throw into the pan with the rest of the ingredients and let cook for several hours. Any thoughts? Much appreciated.

Beau

I am no expert on cooking venison. I always think of hot and fast when cooking. But you may be on to something. Best way to find out is to cook it.

Are you talking tenderloin or back loin as in backstrap?

I've never cooked venison of any kind, but if venison tenderloin is anything like beef tenderloin, I wouldn't consider it an appropriate choice for that dish. For pepper stout beef, something along the lines of a chuck roast or seven bone roast works because of the fat content, and they take several hours to cook and break down. The tenderloin is a nice lean and tender cut that lends itself to hot and fast.

I'm not saying don't do it, hell, it might come out great........just my 2 cents.

KC

Back