rub company tri-tip and vegetables

deepsouth

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
i was lucky enough to get in on a free sample of the rub co. barbecue rub from ryan (thanks ryan!) and i decided to use it tonight with a nice tri-tip and i've got some vegetables to go along with it.

this is the first time i got a tri-tip that actually looks like most of the ones i see posted here. i'm guessing maybe the butcher is not from here... hahahaha.....

i'll post more pictures after i cook it all tonight.

once again, thanks ryan. i'm looking forward to trying your product for the first time!

001-6.jpg

002-6.jpg

003-3.jpg

004-6.jpg

thanks for looking!

We did The Rub Co.'s Santa Maria on rib-eyes last night and it ROCKED!!! You really need to order the 4 pack now.:thumb::thumb:

Can't wait to see what your BGE does with this feast!

We did The Rub Co.'s Santa Maria on rib-eyes last night and it ROCKED!!! You really need to order the 4 pack now.:thumb::thumb:

Can't wait to see what your BGE does with this feast!

i tasted a pinch of this and i really like it. i wish i had some of the santa maria. i do need to get an order in. i hear too many good things not to add them to the "arsenal".

i tasted a pinch of this and i really like it. i wish i had some of the santa maria. i do need to get an order in. i hear too many good things not to add them to the "arsenal".

Yep. I've tasted all of them. My Favorites are the Santa Maria, original and Comp. Heck, I like the BBQ too. They're ALL good.

Oh, BTW, I'm ALSO 5'5". Welcome to the can't find pants that fit my leg length club!:heh:

I'm sorry, but the grain direction, or lack of a pronounced grain, and overall visual texture does not look like tri-tip at all. Maybe a less than select TT. It looks too lean.

I'm sure it'll taste great, but it really does look like some other cut off the sirloin.

I've had that happen to me several times down here in Austin, where I'll ask a so called butcher if he can get me a TT, he goes in the back, cuts something up, and brings it out, I'm looking at him wierd, and saying "that's not a Tri-Tip, he swears up and down it is, but it's really not.

I'm sorry, but the grain direction, or lack of a pronounced grain, and overall visual texture does not look like tri-tip at all. Maybe a less than select TT. It looks too lean.

I'm sure it'll taste great, but it really does look like some other cut off the sirloin.

I've had that happen to me several times down here in Austin, where I'll ask a so called butcher if he can get me a TT, he goes in the back, cuts something up, and brings it out, I'm looking at him wierd, and saying "that's not a Tri-Tip, he swears up and down it is, but it's really not.

it's mississippi. i'm sure it's a sub-par tri-tip.

:kicksrock:

cooked properly and this was probably the toughest steak i have ever eaten that i can remember. it looked good, and the seasoning was fantastic, but that's where it stopped....

006-4.jpg

008-4.jpg

009-4.jpg

010-3.jpg

Good looking food...sorry it came out tough. That roast looks like the top part of the sirloin and not the bottom where the tri-tip comes from. I sure wish there was an easy and cheap way to ship tri-tips so we could hook you guys up.

Yep. I've tasted all of them. My Favorites are the Santa Maria, original and Comp. Heck, I like the BBQ too. They're ALL good.
I agree and the SM has been a main staple in our house for a while now. We use it on steaks, TT, taters and burgers...it's a great thing!

Good looking food...sorry it came out tough. That roast looks like the top part of the sirloin and not the bottom where the tri-tip comes from. I sure wish there was an easy and cheap way to ship tri-tips so we could hook you guys up.

I agree and the SM has been a main staple in our house for a while now. We use it on steaks, TT, taters and burgers...it's a great thing!

$6.99/lb to boot.

Not sure what cut that is, but I don't think it's a tri-tip at all. Sorry you weren't please with the results, hopefully better luck next time.

Back