• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Christmas Dinner Choice Rib Roast

bobaftt

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I did a rib roast for the family this year. Turned out absolutely fanfreakintastic. I rubbed the roast with weber chicago steak seasoning and todds dirt. Made for a very tasty crust. I smoked it over pecan wood at 275 until the roast hit 125 internal temp and then rested it for 2 hours. Just before serving I put in a 500 degree oven for 10 minutes to ensure a nice crust. I was thrilled with this one and look forward to the next time I get to do one of these.
PC200463.jpg

PC200462.jpg

PC210464.jpg

PC210472.jpg

PC210471.jpg

PC210477.jpg

PC210476.jpg

I totally agree, that IS absolutely fanfreakintastic:thumb:

Looks pretty tasty. I've found Todd's Dirt is a great second seasoning for prime rib.

how many pounds and how long did it take to cook it? just cooking time?

And what is this Todds dirt i hear about all the time? is it italian?
thanx

It was only on the smoke for about 3 hours or so. Todds dirt is an herb heavy rub. I hadn't tried it before but it compliments beef extremely well.

It was only on the smoke for about 3 hours or so. Todds dirt is an herb heavy rub. I hadn't tried it before but it compliments beef extremely well.

hmm very intersting. im cookin a 8 pound rib roast saturday for work since i have to work. But i dont start till 6PM. so im thinking if its good weather to smoke it on the kettle till 135. that way, every one is happy. medium is just right for me. I want to try todds dirt! It looks dang good. Your rib roast looks amazing and very very tempting right now i cant wait to taste mine. Im either smokin it or using the showtime rotiss

thanks

Looking good!

I am toying with the idea of doing my rib roasts on the Egg - one has to go well done (for the in-laws) and one for Al and I... medium rare... may even pull out the Dirt for them... decissions, decissions...

Bob, thanks for spreading the DIRTY word. You just made my Christmas. Now I need to come over for the leftovers. I am smoking and frying turkey's with the Original DIRT. My wife is making DIRTY stuffing and DIRTY Gravy. Have a great Christmas, thanks for the DIRTY words.

Back