Freezing/reheating pulled pork

Montezumasdaddy

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I will be cooking a meal for one night of our annual deer camp and this year I have decided to do pulled pork. This will need to be cooked a week or two in advance so I am wondering what is the best way to go about it. Can I cook it, freeze it and then reheat it? What is the best way to freeze it? What is the best way to reheat it? Will it dry out when it is reheated? Thanks in advance for the help.

I Refrigerate until cool then vacuum pack and freeze.
I thaw and heat in pan either with a little apple juice or a vinegar sauce

I vac seal it and freeze. Straight from the freezer into a slow rolling pot of water on the stove for 15-20 minutes and serve. Just as fresh as the day I made it. Vince

I just use enough to float a package or two in at a time. Using just enough to keep the package directly off the bottom of the pot. Vince

I just use enough to float a package or two in at a time. Using just enough to keep the package directly off the bottom of the pot. Vince
Ditto, i've been doing this for years and it's perfect as the day you packaged it.

yup, i just drop the vac-u-suck bag into a pot of boiling water and reheat it right in the bag. Cut it open when hot and its just like you just pulled it.

I vac seal it and freeze. Straight from the freezer into a slow rolling pot of water on the stove for 15-20 minutes and serve. Just as fresh as the day I made it. Vince

Same here and If I'm having a party, I thaw the same way then put in a crock pot with a little sauce just to keep it moist.

yup, i just drop the vac-u-suck bag into a pot of boiling water and reheat it right in the bag. Cut it open when hot and its just like you just pulled it.

Same here. Heating up 50 lbs of frozen PP tomorrow for a gig at work. I'll use roasters filled with water and heat the PP in the bags, works great and tastes better than the day it was smoked!

One thing I found was that it seems to dry a little in the freezer, even though it's sealed. Maybe the meat sucks up more sauce. So I add an extra spoon of sauce to each container as I put it into the freezer.

I put it in disposable plastic lunch boxes and defront it in the microwave.

I refrigerate until cool, then cut into serving sized slabs and throw them in the freezer. I usually use rubbermaid tybe containers, I need this vacuum sealing technology.

I reheat and chop in a pan with a little bit of sauce, but usually it's pretty juicy because it wasn't shredded before it was frozen.

When I know I'm going to freeze it, I foil the butt when it's about 170 ~ just to save the juice. Pull and pour the juice from foil on the meat. I figure why not reheat with fat!

I'll also use a little apple juice, wiht a splash of apple cider vinegar to keep it from drying out in the roaster / crock pot.

freeze it, then bring a veggie steamer with you and steam it. Ubber moist!

Me too, no problems, good food!

make sure when you pull to add a bit of bbq sauce to the pork to keep up the moisture content.you can put directly into freezer and reconstitute at 250 degrees for 2and a half to three hours for a full half pan 8 pounds.

Back