Cherry Dump Cake

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
  1. Butter oblong cake pan.
  2. Dump in one can crushed pineapple, undrained.
  3. Dump in one can cherry pie filling. Spread over pineapple, but try not to stir together.
  4. Dump in one box yellow cake mix - dry. Spread over pie filling. Do not stir.
  5. Sprinkle 1/2 cup pecans over top.
  6. Slice one stick butter over top. Do not stir.
Bake 325 degrees for one hour. Top with whipped cream or ice cream. Homemade ice cream is best. Serve warm or cold.

Serves 10-14

Attachments

• cherrydumpcake 002 (Medium).jpg
    cherrydumpcake 002 (Medium).jpg
    65 KB · Views: 320
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww man......now I gotta have some cake!

that looks SO good!!

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww man......now I gotta have some cake!

that looks SO good!!

It is so out of this world. I just ate that piece before posting. I gotta go get another!!!

That would be even better w/o the pinnapple and apple pie filling instead of cherry.

That would be even better w/o the pinnapple and apple pie filling instead of cherry.

You are thinking of Apple Dump cake which is something totally different and is not to be confused with Apple Dumpling cake. :roll:

Plowboy.........I wished the heck you would quit posting awesomely looking desert right at suppertime. Your killing me!
Looks really good, and thanks for the recipe...........Going to store tomorrow now.

That is some good chit- my wife makes it sometimes. It looks like the same recipe, in fact. Best return for least effort!

Sometimes the Best Eats are easy. That looks great. Not too bad of a Prep Time.

Thanks alot, you just made my blood sugar jump 200 points.

It is good though, have not had it since I was a kid, but it is very good.

What's an "oblong cake pan?"

Is it like a 9 x 13?

JimT

But what if I wanted to stir it??:roll:

Todd, next time, try it in the Trager with some cherry pellets.

Looks like a winner. Might try it in a Dutch oven.

Looks like a winner. Might try it in a Dutch oven.

I do that with foil or silicon baking pan. It is awesome. Another good, less fattning version is to use sprite or 7up instead of butter. Gotta cut back somewhere! lol

Looks nice Plowboy, make it six servings and I'm in. I need a good dessert that isn't cheesecake.

This has been a family favorite for years! I have standing orders to stock up on the cherry pie filling (Wilderness) when its on sale. We sometimes mix in oats for a little crunch. I have to give out the recipe to co-workers anytime I bring it to a Potluck. I think we got the recipe when we bought a Wilton pan.

Brauma- Please refrain from mixing!

Brian

Back