Thread: Royal oak lump
View Single Post
Old 05-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #5
Mo-Dave
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teltum View Post
Most companies who manufacture stuff like that won't deal with the public. It isn't generally worth their time. (Or they may be prohibited by contracts with their clients.) Most people when told that a company doesn't deal with the public will call up their buddy with a busniess license. Then when their buddy gets there and doesn't have a HAZMAT set up (lic./truck/ins.) they can only put 70#'s and it isn't worth the time and aggravation.

Plus, I am sure that regulatory complience issues are the last thing they want so they do it by the book. (See the magnizeum plants that seem to blow up once a year or so or paint plants.)

I can see the requirement for hazmat as well. The dust it self is very explosive/flammible some random guy with a pick-up huling 400#s of charcoal will have enough dust to make a ciggerette that gets blown in the bed REAL interesting.

I do have a business licence to buy and sell plus the cdl endorsement, I just did not want to pursue it at that point. I do understand what you are saying, I have been in a mfg fire which involved sawdust.
Dave