Salt Lake City and Park City

Jorge

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Any places we have to try? I haven't been to Park City for a few years, but we will be there the week after Christmas. We'll be in Park City the majority of the time but will probably spend a day or two in or around Salt Lake City.

I went to SL for a Concrete Pipe convention back in 03. My wife has family there and they wanted to go to this mexican place that has high divers, it is in like a 3 story building. The food absolutely sucked but my wife's family thought it was great but they don't know any better.

Foodwise, that is all remember about SL. We did drive up to Park cities. Much smaller place than I imagined.
http://saltlakecity.about.com/od/mexican/gr/MayanReview.htm

There is, however, a GREAT Mexican place in the last little town just before ya get to Idaho. It's right next to a motel on the east side of the N/S Interstate. It's run buy a couple who are from Tucson, and they know what Mexican food is supposed to be like. Sorry I can't remember the name of the town or restraunt, but it is in the last little roadside town before Idaho...

Stay away from the mexican food place with the high divers in Salt Lake.

I talked to several people there that told me the same thing!

We went to Red Iguana instead, and it was outstanding.

For steak we checked out Ruby River Steakhouse, and I liked it. 10oz. Prime rib w/salad and potatoe for $15. The meat was cooked just as I ordered it with great flavor and just the right amount of horseradish.

Tucano's in Provo was a bargain. Brazilian style steakhouse with great salad bar and nice selection of meat and veggies cooked over an open flame circulating around the room. That night they had 18 options. Price $20!

Wasatch brewery in Park City. I really like the Hefeweizen and the sandwich wasn't bad at all. A little pricey, but it's a ski town.

Sounds like your trip is going very well for you and your family!

Good call on Tuscano's we eat there all the time when we are in Provo. Nice selection and the meat is usually cooked very well.

Back