• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

I'm gettin my game on!!!

River City Smokehouse

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Ok, here are a couple of pics from last nights practice chicken cook. I decided it was time for me to get some pratice in so I could be on my toes for the BIA contest in Oct. I haven't cooked chicken since the Shriner's contest last April. Since then I developed my mustard sauce and tried it on some chicken(only 6 pieces). I wish I would have done more because they went first.

It was really nice to get outside and bbq. I kinda cheated a little. I had my son put the kettle up on the screened-in porch and I wheeled out there and sat while it cooked.

This morning I got up at 4:30 to get the pit goin. Sorry Keale no pics of me lighting the pit because it was pitch black out and my son lit it anyway.

I have a fatty on now for breakfast and just put two butts on. Pics of the butts and fatty will come later.
BBQ068w.jpg

BBQChickenw.jpg

GLad to see you're getting out and back into things. That chicken looks killer.......

That chicken looks great! I'm gonna have to find a mustard sauce recipe.....

Sweet Frozen Niblets

Ok Kids are watching to much Hanna and it really getting to me! Thats some awesome looking chicken......

Ashmont

Good lookin' grub Brother...:biggrin:

JD

I like the screened in porch idea...that would come in pretty handy up here!

Hey Fitz It's good to hear your cooking we are looking at comeing down to the BIA in Oct hope to hook up and meet you.

That chicken looks great.

Jim's back in the starting line up! Great job on the chicken! That mustard sauce looks awesome, something different!
great pics! (you weren't cheating again, were you?) LOL!
Can't wait for the rest of the pics!

If it tasted as good as it looks, we all may be in for a tussle come Oct at the BIA contest! Fine looking eats!

Glad your on the mend and back up cooking, though you may not be totally up, your getting closer! Congrats!

Noticing you are starting to Q a little. So how are you faring after the accident? Have you done repairs to your pit yet?

Back