Waygu Brisket = AWESOME!!!!

GrillsGoneWild

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
It has been sometime now that I have wanted to try out a Wagyu Brisket but I didn't want to step out there and buy one to cook.
Well, today I had the opportunity to go eat at Pecan Lodge in downtown Dallas. Their daily "special" on the board read Beef Rib and Wagyu Brisket. Since I had my whole family there (5 of us) I decided to get 1/2 lb. of Wagyu and 1/2 lb. of Regular. After getting it to the table and taking a pinch off the Waygu, I announced to the rest of the table that the regular brisket was theirs.....:icon_smile_tongue: Not to sound like some kind of teenage school girl, but OMG......
It was exactly was others have described. A buttery, melt in your mouth meat. The slices were from the flat but tasted better than any well marbled point that I have eaten. So now it looks like I will have to pull the trigger and to see if I can make one at home just as good. Their ribs and sides we really good too.

Little background about how I came across Pecan Lodge: The reason I wanted to head down there was because of a review done by the Texas BBQ Posse. Just so happens that the reason they went there was because it was promoted on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives. So you know what that means......busy place with long lines. It is located down in the farmers market so after my son's basketball game we headed there to pick up some veggie plants for the garden and grab a bite at Pecan Lodge. We got to the market at 10am. Walked place the building that has Pecan Lodge located inside. I could see that there was a line starting to form for the opening at 11am. I figured I could get in a little veggie shopping and still get in a short line. By the time we made it back to Pecan it was about 10:40 and as I walked through the door I could see that the line was a bit longer than I had expected......about 100 people deep. For a second there I thought about just leaving and coming back another day but then I saw they had Waygi Brisket today. I looked at my wife and told her that she could go do what she wanted to but I was going to hang in there for this meal. As the trooper she is, she said we will just wait in line. We finally made it up to the counter to order at 12pm. I ordered up the Brisket, Ribs, Sausage, Mac N Cheese and Pinto Beans. After taking out a small loan to pay our bill, we got to enjoy some really good Q. Only critique I could say is that it lacked a good amount of smoke flavor and the ribs came out of the kitchen sauced. Other than that, it had the central Texas flavor profile that I like. When we left, the line was farther back than when we showed up. I would suspect that the line had about 200 people in it. From what I understand, this is a normal occurrence everyday he is open (Thursday - Sunday) and he opens at 11am and sells out each day.

Last edited:
Back