Getting a new pit!!!

That's the first I've heard about the insulation needing replaced. I think it may just be a sales pitch but I don't know. Anyone else?

I can not imagine spending all that money and needing a new firebox in less then 5 years!
One of the top things people brag about is the pits quality and Jamie's customer service.
If this is false info Mr Lang should def talk to his sales force since this is a very small community and word travels quickly. Could be very embarrassing for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I am starting to lean towards the jambo. Just got off the phone with Jamie and he is one hell of a nice guy. Answered any question I had. Wonder if you can get the backyard model with a single door? Forgot to ask. Anyway now just to wait for tax time I guess. Still interested in opinions though. One thing I would like to know is can you use a bbq guru on a jambo? Don't know if its possible or needed with the insulated fire box.

I was going to get Jamie to do the single door for me but one of the Brethren had a standard backyard Jambo for sale and I jumped on it.....Jamie said it would be no problem.......

Last edited:
I do like the fact that the Lang has a single door. But lets face it, a Jambo is a Jambo. And a Meadow Creek is out of my price range. Anyone else have any input? This is alot of money and I want to make the right choice.

Dont get hung up on the name brand. Lots of great pits being built out there by lots of people these days. A Jambo that costs less than a Meadow Creek is not going to be the blinged out pit you think of when you mention Jambo. FInd one you like that fits your budget and requirements.

My preference is Yoder Smokers. You wont find nicer people to deal with are very suppotive of the Competitons community and they usually have a presence at many of the larger KCBS events such as the Banquet, Jack and The Royal. They also have a wider array of products than many other companies and make grills, pellet cookers and fire pots in addition to tradiional stick burners.

Back