• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

food truck help

boogiesnap

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
can a food truck be a certified kitchen and thus allowed to do all the prep/cooking inside?

or must there be a certified brick and mortar? or does it depend where you are?

thanks for the info. BTW, this is NOT for me. i have nowhere near the skill nor a sex toy shop to subsidize the business. :becky:

Depends on your local H.D.

My trailer was a rolling certified kitchen.:thumb:

In PA yes, both my concession trailer and my canteen truck are both considered certified commercial kitchens.

In my county, the trailer must have (and ours does) hot and cold water, refrigeration, a method of heating and holding food, a 3 hole sink, drain boards and a hand wash. Ours does, and we utilize the FEC with IQ4 for cooking and holding.

In Iowa, yes you can have a truck that's a licensed kitchen. The HD comes to see my truck at least twice a year and there's never been a problem.

In Oklahoma, food trucks must operate from a certified/permitted fixed location (commissary) where they must start and end the day.

All the HD rules here in MT, and especially in this county, are so vague that we've taken to an 'act now and let them come explain their rules' rule of thumb. It's also been very clearly demonstrated our local HD doesn't know their own regs or the basis for them. We have a canned ham trailer being built right now that will be able to handle all our meat prep for bbq and beyond...the kitchen will be used for clean up and storage and light prep.

udging from previous Beehive posts, many people around here are proponents of Fresno developing a more dynamic mobile cuisine scene. Now, chef Martin Franco (formerly of Pangea, among other local restaurants) is hoping Fresnans will put their money where their appetites are. Specifically, he's looking to locals for help Kickstarting his new culinary endeavor -- a food cart he's calling Taste Kitchen. :clap2::bow::laugh:

Servsafe practice test, Servsafe online

Back