What the heck is a fatty?

Since the raw log can be made into a number of things that are not fatties (breakfast sausage patties, pizza topping, etc.) I don't think it is a fatty until it is smoked.

but if its "a log" its a fattie, otherwise its a patty, or crumbles or loaf.

do you not have a frozen "burger" in your freezer? Thats not cooked... and its a burgewr because its a flat patty.. and if you take sausage, and flatten it out, u have a sausage burger. Even uncooked....

:wave:
right?

That's a cute little trailer... I'm telling ya if Vinnie sells his house I may have to just buy it!!

So you are saying as soon as it takes the "log" form it can be considered a fatty?

What if you took a long log and formed it into a donut shape?
stir_pot.gif

Well this is just plain wonderful. I plan on doing this with some venison sausage and antelope sausage...

bandityo...I haven't either and I plan on stuffing one this weekend with grilled onions, and maybe some pepperjack cheese. Not sure. Of course...wrapped in bacon also.

bandityo...I haven't either and I plan on stuffing one this weekend with grilled onions, and maybe some pepperjack cheese. Not sure. Of course...wrapped in bacon also.

This is pretty much my recipe every time. I do add some jalepeno slices. Plus I crumble the bacon and put it in the middle. The weave seems to fall off when cutting and serving so I retired it.

Melt all your stuffing together then roll it up like a tootsie roll in saran wrap, put it in the fridge and let it get cold and solid again. Less explosions without any lumps or air in the center.

This is pretty much my recipe every time. I do add some jalepeno slices. Plus I crumble the bacon and put it in the middle. The weave seems to fall off when cutting and serving so I retired it.

Melt all your stuffing together then roll it up like a tootsie roll in saran wrap, put it in the fridge and let it get cold and solid again. Less explosions without any lumps or air in the center.

that fatty form/press (looks like a piece of 1-1/2" pvc pipe) that (sorry i cant remember her name :redface:) the gal from ok or ks that is a frequent poster here, uses looks like a pretty slick method for keeping the guts together until its time to roll.:thumb:

that fatty form/press (looks like a piece of 1-1/2" pvc pipe) that (sorry i cant remember her name :redface:) the gal from ok or ks that is a frequent poster here, uses looks like a pretty slick method for keeping the guts together until its time to roll.:thumb:

I believe you are speaking of Cowgirl!

Couple questions:
If a fatty is 1 pound or more of sausage formed into a log then how could you ever fit six of those into a turn in box?
What happens after you cook/smoke your fatty and then slice it and grill it? Is it called a grilled fatty then?
Smoke in da Eye mentioned mini individual fatties. How do these qualify as fatties if the previous definition were to be strictly adhered to?

Why are fatties included in grilling contests if in fact they seem to be or are a slow cooked smoked bbq item? At a contest does the organizer lay out the definition and cooking procedure for a fatty?

Couple questions:
If a fatty is 1 pound or more of sausage formed into a log then how could you ever fit six of those into a turn in box?
What happens after you cook/smoke your fatty and then slice it and grill it? Is it called a grilled fatty then?
Smoke in da Eye mentioned mini individual fatties. How do these qualify as fatties if the previous definition were to be strictly adhered to?

Why are fatties included in grilling contests if in fact they seem to be or are a slow cooked smoked bbq item? At a contest does the organizer lay out the definition and cooking procedure for a fatty?

i've never gone to a comp, but i would guess that is like any other meat. you slice it and turn in your best pieces. you wouldnt fit 6 briskets into a turn in box either.:p

Back