THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
I was curious to see how much meat I could fit on my Mini BGE so I crammed a 5 lb bone-in shoulder into it. I needed the help of a couple of silicone bands to help squeeze it in:

IMG_0909.jpg

The dome thermometer had to be pulled out some to keep it from skewering the pork upon closing the dome:

IMG_0915.jpg

IMG_0918i.jpg

IMG_0924.jpg

The butt went to my fantasy football draft where I forgot to take a photo of it until the draft was over and it had sat drying a bit in a chafer:

IMG_0925.jpg

For the Small Egg I found this nice looking tri-tip:

IMG_2681.jpg

Rubbed with Rub Co Original & Santa Maria and cooked indirect with red oak smoke wood until IT hit about 115:

IMG_2686.jpg

Then seared on all sides:

IMG_2692.jpg

IMG_2693.jpg

And sliced:

IMG_2703.jpg

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2720.jpg

Thanks for looking!

It cracks me up when I see these cooks on these tiny little eggs. I'm surprised you don't cut off all the air circulation it's so crammed. I keep expecting to see you using bungie cords on the outside of the egg to hold the lid closed and doing a hybrid BBQ-pressure cook at the same time! :laugh:

Food looks great, as always, BTW.

Thanks all for the compliments!

Great cooks John... I REALLY like the tri tip. That is perfectly done!*

I'd be curious to learn more about the silicone bands...

Mongo, the bands are great for using in place of cooking twine. They're food safe & can handle up to 600 degrees. The product [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Architec-Stretch-Cooking-Package-Assorted/dp/B000RODBZK"]here[/ame] looks like what we have (our packaging was thrown out long ago so I don't remember the brand).

It cracks me up when I see these cooks on these tiny little eggs. I'm surprised you don't cut off all the air circulation it's so crammed. I keep expecting to see you using bungie cords on the outside of the egg to hold the lid closed and doing a hybrid BBQ-pressure cook at the same time! :laugh:

Food looks great, as always, BTW.

Hmm, I need to buy some cords and try that! :becky:

Thx Gore!

Wow, nice job. I have done pork butts on my small, but never the mini. It's my little BBQ microwave, I guess I need to rethink the L&S aspect.

Back