pizza stone questions

Ponty56

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Picked up this pizza stone for my offset and used cowboy lump for the heat but I had the fire to the left of the stone. Will I have a better result with an even temp and cook on the stone with the fire directly under the stone?

Attachments

• IMG_20140721_204649.jpg
    IMG_20140721_204649.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 61
In reality, it all depends on how hot you can get the stone from wherever you place it in your smoker. I would think that directly over the heat source would be the better spot, but if you can get it hot enough elsewhere then why not? Congrats on the stone, it looks awesome!

Have a Blessed day!

Omar

I would be concerned that stone would be too hot, under direct heat and cooking the the dough too fast,maybe even burning before the desired doneness of the top of the pie.

Used over direct heat source on traeger and it worked great.

I would be concerned that stone would be too hot, under direct heat and cooking the the dough too fast,maybe even burning before the desired doneness of the top of the pie.

The company says it will withstand direct heat and temps up to 2600 degrees I don't think I can get a fire that hot and the stone is 1" thick.

The trick is to get the stone and the overall temp of the cooker at relatively around the same temp. Once you can do that, you will have great pizzas.

I look for a stone temp of about 625 degrees. Here's some pies that came out at around that temp give or take:

6252014BlackstoneMargheritaPeezza_zpsc0af5291.jpg

DSC_2743_zpse40f8536.jpg

The trick is to get the stone and the overall temp of the cooker at relatively around the same temp. Once you can do that, you will have great pizzas.

I look for a stone temp of about 625 degrees. Here's some pies that came out at around that temp give or take:

6252014BlackstoneMargheritaPeezza_zpsc0af5291.jpg

DSC_2743_zpse40f8536.jpg

So a good infrared thermometer is key, do you put corn meal on the stone under your pies? About how long does it take to cook? Have a good dough recipe?

Back