what do you guys do with trash?

Smokin Mike

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I did some trimming for pork, chicken, ribs ect for a party and threw it away in the garbage can in the garage, now it smells like I'm holding a dead man in my garage:shock:, even penatrates inside the cars now. that was 3 days ago, and trash pickup isn't for a couple more.

I was thinking using my foodsaver, throw the scraps in it and seal it up next time, what do you guys do?, I will be doing more trimming soon way before trash pickup day.

I tried lysol, and bought this expensive odor magnet thing.

TIA,

Mike

A shot of house old ammonia when my dumpster gets to reeking in hot weather.
Also keeps the flys and critters out of the trash.
I also keep my dumpster outside the garage.

During the summer I keep a bag in the freezer for all my trimmings. It goes out to the trash on trash day. During the winter they just go in the trash can.

Besides my trash can is down wind from my house...

During the summer I keep a bag in the freezer for all my trimmings. It goes out to the trash on trash day. During the winter they just go in the trash can.

Besides my trash can is down wind from my house...

Freezer is your Friend!

oh.... You mean to tell me you guys don't dump it at the gas station? :twisted:

I've been known to pull up to a contest with a bag of garbage. It sure beats that dead guy in the garbage can smell... Or worse all those damn maggots...

Ditto

My trash day is Friday, so chicken trimmings for comps is great. But for weekend cooks at home - I have a long time til trash day. Plastic bag into an old margarine/ice cream bucket or something similar. And if I forget it a week - no big deal, just get it the next.

Gas station ... hummm

I've been known to pull up to a contest with a bag of garbage. It sure beats that dead guy in the garbage can smell... Or worse all those damn maggots...

just sneak over and put it in your neighbors dumpster....that way yours still smells normal. And mail him a box of stick ups for the lid of the dumpster.:lol:

Drop it all in a Ziplock bag after trimming then toss it in the freezer untill trash day.

I'll add to the whole freezer concept. I made the mistake a couple years ago throwing out an OLD turkey buried in my freezer the day after trash pick-up at a time when my garage was getting up to 90+ degrees each day.

Al Capone is rolling over in his grave.

I used to stick by garbage thing outside, but got in trouble doing that with the homeowner assocation,(somebody has wayyyy to much time on her hands, everyone around me gets letters all the time, about something, me it's trash can on the side, where no one see's it),

anyways thanks, freezing now!

I do the freezer thing, except for when we have crab feasts. Usually on Sat or Sun, trash pickup is Thurs. Then it's hello gas station!

Bag and freeze here too. Chicken parts get frozen in zip bags, then join a larger bag of chicken parts in the basement deep freeze when I make a trip downstairs. When I get a couple of large bags worth, I fire up the turkey fryer and make a pot of chicken stock and freeze for soups and stews when the weather turns cool. If I could manage to accumulate enough beef or pork bones, I'd make stock with them too.

Chris

Remember the neighbor I didn't get along with for years? He and I go put my trimmings under the car seat of another neighbor.

Another good place is to take them to work and if there's anyone you don't like in a cubicle, take off one of the corner caps from the cubicle walls and fill it with meat trimmings.

Remember the neighbor I didn't get along with for years? He and I go put my trimmings under the car seat of another neighbor.

Another good place is to take them to work and if there's anyone you don't like in a cubicle, take off one of the corner caps from the cubicle walls and fill it with meat trimmings.

You clearly have too much time on your hands...

My work has a few dumpsters, and in goes the dead guy. I forgot about some in my cans once and went out of town for a week. The cans went with the dead guy that time.

Back