I really need to stay off Craigslist...Brinkmann Cimarron...Mod Journal...

I cut my teeth on the Cimmaron. Nice pit.

There was a square bung welded into the fire box opisite of the fire door. Any idesa what its for??????

I think it's a drain, in case you get water in the firebox. I have never taken it out.

Raising the fire grate helps, but one mod I did was to close off the top half of the intake vent. It forces air to come under and through the fire. Of course, I haven't used it in a long time.

Was this the pit that was out around Lake of the Ozarks? I found one a few weeks back on CL but the guy wanted more than would've been worth driving all the way out there on a few pictures and faith..

Either way, its always nice to see a sturdy pit like that find a good home instead of the scrap heap.

No I snagged this one in raymore. nice old fella said he never could get the hang of it. has an electric now and loves it.

It looks like you have the exhaust damper almost closed in your cook picture. I run my Cimmaron with the exhaust wide open and the intake damper open just a sliver or closed and maintain 250-275 all day. The only mod I have done is to put in an expanded metal shelf in the firebox to keep the coals about 3 inches off the bottom; the one that comes with it will get choked out with ash real quick.

picture.php

picture.php

Back