Young Harris, GA - Pics and report

Uncle Buds BBQ

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Last weekend I got to compete in the Throwdown at the Brasstown Valley Resort. This is the 3rd year for the contest in conjunction with the Georgia BBQ Championship banquet.

The event is located in the north GA mountains at a great resort. Many teams got rooms in the lodge or cabins. We stayed in the camper in the parking lot. Best part was the Friday night all you can eat seafood buffet in the lodge!

Here is our organizer, Bobby, at the cooks meeting.
01.JPG

A motley looking group of cooks!
02.JPG

03.JPG

04.JPG

Our rep., Phillip, gave a special award to Scott (Que'n Stew'n & Brew'n) for something that sounded like he arrived a day late to a contest!
05.JPG

06.JPG

Jackie Price got an award also....which we think he turned in the next day!
07.JPG

The wife gets a hold of the camera and you would think she at least focus on my team banner and not the trailer of our neighbor "Hogz Gone Wild"! Maybe she was impressed with their new trailer and wrap.

08.JPG

There they are on the shiny new porch!
09.JPG

Jonathan thought that he heard someone yell "Fire!"
10.JPG

Shiggin???
11.JPG

Truth be told....I didn't see a fire.....As a rookie trailer owner, I let my grey water tank overflow and after opening the flood gates, the drain hose had some pressure to it! We had to get a picture of my "Cousin Eddie" moment!

Truth be told....I didn't see a fire.....As a rookie trailer owner, I let my grey water tank overflow and after opening the flood gates, the drain hose had some pressure to it! We had to get a picture of my "Cousin Eddie" moment!

I liked my version better! :flame:

Back