Thread: IBCA chicken
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2007, 09:19 AM   #15
Texana
Knows what a fatty is.

Tom I am curious only 50 teams and they have to turn in 2 halves ??

According to the IBCA Rules ....

*If an event has 60+ teams, it is recommended that two (2) 1/2 chickens be submitted for judging and that the brisket and pork spare rib quantities will be adjusted according.

I must admit while apperance is in the IBCA Rules as well as Texas Gulf Coast Rules, it really has no significant meaning. Unlike KCBS the only view a judge has of a complete half is the first judge that opens that tray. I have seen to many of those "1st" judges that dont like skin, just peel it back and push it out of the way. By the time it gets to the 3rd or 4th judge it can be pretty well mutilated.

In "MY" opinion apperance should taken out, reworded or something. Or just get the rules changed that require every cook to turn in 2 halves no matter what size the cook. I have not met a cook yet that cooks IBCA or Texas Gulf Coast that buys and cooks only 1/2 a chicken. 9 times out of 10 I turn in 1 half and the other goes in the garbage. Why not let me turn both in, and have the judges instructed to leave one 1/2 alone. Then maybe apperance would start to make a difference.

Just my .02 worth ......
Texana is offline   Reply With Quote