E310 or E330

scayne62

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am going to purchase a new Weber gasser, wondering what you guys think on them, is the E330 worth the extra $100? I like the sear burner but really have never has a use for the side burner option.

You are exactly where I would be. I would want the sear burner but have no use for the side burner. I'd personally would probably get the E330 because I would want the sear station.

I'm the opposite, I have an E310 and I don't feel like I need the sear station, but I would love to have a side burner.

My brother has the same grill but he has the sear station and just the other day I was like "do you use that?" and he was like "no."

I have the s-330 I like the sear station and use it frequently and use it like it was just another burner. The side bruner is great as well, never had one on any other grill but have feel in love with it. you can use ti to quickly lite a chimney of charcoal, fry up some bacon, boil some water, stir fry, etc etc. also comes in handy to make coffee when there is no power.

you can use ti to quickly lite a chimney of charcoal

Wow. I don't know why I've never thought of this. I think I've used my side burner maybe five times in the five years I've had the grill. This gives it a whole new purpose. Thanks.

I have the 310 and love it. I can't speak to the 330 only that I don't feel the need for the extras. Imo put the 100 towards some great steaks to break in your new grill.

The Weber Genesis and Summit grills are made in USA, and are both excellent gassers. I can't afford a Summit. My dad has a Genesis that is well over ten years old. It is stored outside on a covered patio in Houston. My motto is buy the best grill you can afford. If your pockets are deep enough for a Summit, go for it. If not, I don't think you will suffer much if you buy a Genesis.

And, yeah, the side burner is not a big draw for me. I have a camp stove in my camper I can use if I need it, and I very rarely need it.

CD

I never understand why people dont use a side burner ! everytime I use my grill i throw a large sast iron fry pan on the burner and throw in some mushrooms , peppers, onions !
or on a hot august day rather than steam up the house Ill boil the corn on the side burner !

I'm with MickeyD on this one. I'm always cooking up side dishes on the side burner. If not side dishes I'll be making bbq sauce on there.

I was in your shoes 2.5 years ago. I was into the Genesis line, but couldn't decide what. I really wanted the sear burner, but not the side burner. I ended up going for the 330, and it's really been a fabulous grill.

I don't use the sear burner as much as I thought I would. If anything, like Grimm, I just use it as a fourth burner to heat it up faster or something.

I tried to use the side burner once to boil a pot of water for corn. It took FOREVER to boil. And now we have an induction range inside, so I wouldn't mess with that anyway . . . :mrgreen:

Back