• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Habanero Death Dust Wing SUCCESS!

Redhot

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
These were soooo worth it! Nice flavor profile, nice heat. Glad Guerry bought 3 bags! I had a family sized bag of party wings, turned out to be 23, only 7 of which were not drumettes. Put chicken in zip lock with 1/4 cup Dust and 1/4 cup EVOO. I actually was sick over the weekend and didn't cook til last night so they sat in the fridge in the marinade for 3 days:icon_blush:. The only difference I could see between others who only marinated for an hour or so was that it seemed the Dust actually soaked into the wings a bit more.
HDDwingsmarinating.jpg

Removed from marinade and added quite a bit more HDD.
dusted.jpg

We used Kingsford Hickory briquettes, about a third of a chimney lit over a chimney of unlit and let the kettle go to 350, it stayed between
350~375 for the entire cook.
They were done indirect for 20 minutes then flipped, cooking for another 20.
grill2.jpg

grill3.jpg

They were then removed to a cookie sheet while the grate was removed and coals spread around for a final sear. They seared over hot coals for a minute per side or less. Deguerre was insistant that I sear for one minute per side and time it...when is he gonna learn that I am the chicken master. Had we done that, they would have been burnt to a crisp. My way, I actually got bite through skin that was slightly crispy. And this was actually the first time I've ever done bone-in chicken on the grill. I was very happy with the way they turned out!
grilled3.jpg

grilled1.jpg

Served with some blue cheese dressing for dipping (but hardly dipped at all they were so fantastic) and raw broccoli with bacon/ranch dipping sauce.
plating3.jpg

plating1.jpg

plating5.jpg

plating4.jpg

Nice skin! So YUMMY! Awesome rub...be warned though, if you don't like it hot, try mixing it with a sweet rub to tone down the heat. It was perfect for me and deguerre though!
plating96.jpg

plating97.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!:becky:

OUTSTANDING!!! I've been waiting for this thread for THREE DAYS!!! :becky: (sorry to hear you were sick :sick:) But it was well worth the wait! Those look GREAT! I'm so happy you guys like the new Hab rub. :becky: :becky: :clap2: :clap2:

That looks great :thumb: I need to get some more dust soon

Does this rub clear your sinuses and open the pores of your scalp??

BTW, looks farking great. :thumb:

They look perfect ................ those are looking good. Can't wait to get my order I have to make a run to Sams for some pork butts so I'm getting a bag of wings..........

OUTSTANDING!!! I've been waiting for this thread for THREE DAYS!!! :becky: (sorry to hear you were sick :sick:) But it was well worth the wait! Those look GREAT! I'm so happy you guys like the new Hab rub. :becky: :becky: :clap2: :clap2:

These were by FAR the BEST hot wings I've ever had!:thumb: Now I want to try HDD on some thighs!!!!!!

Great post! FINE lookin' wings, for sure!!

Gonna try to use some of our Death Dust today! Hope our food turns out half as good as yours Red!!

Excellent Product! The lingering after taste is almost silky in it's seductiveness. I have to admit that Michele is the real pepper head of the two of us but it was perfectly spiced for both of us. The heat was almost Indian like in the way it would build up and then die down before becomming uncomfortable for me.
I AM glad I ordered two additional pouches of this very fine addition to our pantry.
Kudos!:thumb::thumb:

Well, we don't need that to happen. Could i just borrow her long enough to grill me some of those killer wings?

:becky::bow::eusa_clap I'm sure you can grill you up some just as nice! I was a little concerned about these since it was my first bone-in chicken on the grill but they came out great!

Back