Wild Blue BBQ... Burlington, KS

I'll come looking for you guys after judging.

I look forward to meeting you, and Plowboy. We have the log cabin trailer, and hemi orange "Stumps" clone. Feel free to stop by anytime we should be there around 10:00 AM Friday.

GC Pork Me Purple
RGC Big Stack BBQ
3. Smoker's Wild
4. Snail Slo Smokin'
5. Buffalo's BBQ
6. BBQWeiser
7. Ribs 4 U
8. Phat Brothers BBQ
9. Pellet Envy
10. Pig-N-Out
11. Caveman Cusine
14. Pork Pullin Plowboys

Chicken
1 Pig N Out
2 Pellet Envy
3 Snail Slo Smokin
4 BBQWeiser
5 MG Smokers
6 Phat Brothers BBQ
7 Smokers Wild
8 Will Deal Catering and BBQ
9 Pork Me Purple
10 Buffalos BBQ

Ribs
1 BBQWeiser
2 Buffalos BBQ
3 Ribs 4 U
4 Flat Rock BBQ
5 Boyz of Oz
6 Smokers Wild
7 Barts BBQ
8 Joboo Smokers
9 Pork Me Purple
10 Up In Flames

Pork
1 Big Stack BBQ
2 Smokers Wild
3 Pork Pullin Plowboys
4 Caveman Cuisine

5 Pig N Out
6 Will Deal Catering and BBQ
7 Snail Slo Smokin
8 Ribs 4 U
9 Nemaha County Border Ban
10 Smokin In The Pits

Brisket
1 Pork Me Purple
2 Boys Of Oz (aka fishboy,,:)
3 Snail Slo Smokin
4 Big Stack BBQ
5 Phat Brothers BBQ
6 Pellet Envy
7 Pitcrew BBQ
8 Bad Ole Berns
9 Caveman Cuisine
10 Buffalos BBQ

Sausage
1. The Will Deal Catering
2. Smoker's Wild
3. Pig-N-Out
4. Bad Ole Berns
5. Buffalo's BBQ
6. Double Smokin Trouble
7. MG Smokers
8. Ribs 4 U
9. Bart's BBQ
10. Up In Flames

Chef's Choice
1. The Beast BBQ
2. Pork Me Purple
3. Pork Pullin Plowboys
4. Bad Ole Berns
5. Buffalo's BBQ
6. Smoker's Wild
7. Up in Flames
8. Joboo Smokers
9. MG Smokers
10. Caveman Cuisine

I had a good time judging. I can honestly say I did not have anything that did not taste good. Some was more tender than others but it all tasted good.

It was nice to meet several Brethren. Plowboy, Caveman, and Paola Greg have all been added to my list of brothers I have met face to face. I am sure I will see you guys again.

Congrats on the calls guys.

I had a good time judging. I can honestly say I did not have anything that did not taste good. Some was more tender than others but it all tasted good.

It was nice to meet several Brethren. Plowboy, Caveman, and Paola Greg have all been added to my list of brothers I have met face to face. I am sure I will see you guys again.

Congrats on the calls guys.

You met Ole, too. Eric cooks with Greg. Rod was there, too. (KCPelletHead) It was awesome meeting you. Caveman Cuisine was right across from me. We were back and forth all weekend. AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME people!!!! They make a mean meatloaf. (Pics of the Caveman clone and trailer.)

Puppyboy, one of my chicken scores was 557 and 656 for another. The others were 989, 888, 877, 877. Those two scores tanked me in a big way. If that 557 was an 877, I would have been 6th instead of 14th. Hell, a 667 would have put me top ten. How can this be anything lower than a 7 in presentation? I imagine some non-certified judge looked at this and said, I don't like sauced chicken and then scored the taste that way, too.

Attachments

• 056 [640x480].JPG
    056 [640x480].JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 61
  • 055 [640x480].JPG
    055 [640x480].JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 60
  • 054 [640x480].JPG
    054 [640x480].JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 60
Nice Job Todd, the only thing I can tell from the chicken is the one on the left side of the box look to be heavy on the sauce and they also look to be not as uniform as the one on the right side meaning the size and shape of the thighs? but heck what do I know?

Puppyboy, one of my chicken scores was 557 and 656 for another. The others were 989, 888, 877, 877. Those two scores tanked me in a big way.

Strange but true Todd, I see it was judge 3 and 6 that gave you the lower scores. Judge 3 gave my chicken 666, judge 6 was 667. The others were 887,889,878,and 888. Could just be a coincidence, but we may have hit the same table with our chicken,,,LOL. I'm sure mine had a total different flavor profile than yours and it was a total different apperance...maybe those two judges just don't like chicken,,,,

It was great to see and meet everyone there, we really enjoyed the contest.

Strange but true Todd, I see it was judge 3 and 6 that gave you the lower scores. Judge 3 gave my chicken 666, judge 6 was 667. The others were 887,889,878,and 888. Could just be a coincidence, but we may have hit the same table with our chicken,,,LOL. I'm sure mine had a total different flavor profile than yours and it was a total different apperance...maybe those two judges just don't like chicken,,,,

It was great to see and meet everyone there, we really enjoyed the contest.

We did get on the same table as I recall. Yes, it was Judge 3 & 6.

It was a nice weekend, except for the 30 minutes in which we got an inch of rain. :icon_sleepy

Nice Job Todd, the only thing I can tell from the chicken is the one on the left side of the box look to be heavy on the sauce and they also look to be not as uniform as the one on the right side meaning the size and shape of the thighs? but heck what do I know?

But that's not enough to drop to a five. Hell, I don't think it deserves a 6. They were evenly sauced, but not evenly sized. That would keep it out of 9 for sure and even 8 for some.

It was nice to meet everyone this weekend (Plowboy, Paola Greg, Puppyboy). We couldn't have had better neighbors. Plowboy was right across the street from us, and was great (sharing food, and BBQ tips etc.).

I am glad our chicken didn't end up on the same judging table as Plowboy's and Paola Greg's (although we didn't do great, the scores WE recieved were fairly consistant). We did have 2 judges tank us on our ribs though.

We had a great time this weekend, and even though it is a 3 hour drive, we will return next year.

Here is the Meatloaf recipe we used:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/cookbook/viewrecipe.php?id=106&category=*BBQ BRETHREN BEEF*

Thanks again for a great weekend

Sounds like ya'll had alot of fun. Congrat's to all who walked!!

Back