Performer fix, First Real Smoke, Lots of Pron

Bluesman

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Well thanks to you guys I got the bug bad. Fixed the damper and ash system on my Performer, been dead for over a year. Bought some supplies, chimney, starter, hickory chunks and a wireless thermometer, to start the journey. Worked up a Beer can Chicken, 5# Pork Butt and some MOINKS. All went well. had the chicken last night. Put the butt on at 7:00 am this morning and pulled it at 4:00PM. MOINKS were the appetizer after the butt was off the Weber. Made some sammies with cole slaw, beans, some Sweat Baby Rays, w/Honey and some apple vinegar home made sauce.

Everybody at my house is smiling :-D:-D Next is to get a 22.5 WSM and continue down the road. many thanks to all here.

Now is the time to enjoy a glass of my home brewed Schnapps, (its in the recipe section), sit back and enjoy the Viking/Saints game. I don't care who wins, I'm from Wisconsin....GO PACK, just love football.

I left the bone sticking up in the pulled pork to show how clean it came out. My hound Teagan, wanted some of that chicken......no, no, no.

Bluesman

Last edited:
Great looking grub there....I I haven't seen a Schlitz in like forever

Looks great from here too.. nice feast!

dude, good lookin food...but i can't believe you actually drink Schlitz beer!! LOL! j/k

Good looking eats what temp did you cook the butt at?

Good looking eats what temp did you cook the butt at?

The butt kept moving on me so had to curtail to many Schlitz. Had it between 210-270 for 90% of the cook. Put it on at 7:00 am, pulled it from the grill at 3:00. Wrapped in foil, and towel, then in the cooler until pulled.

Blusman that chicken has got my name written all over it. Great pics and some great eats. I can almost smell it from here, oh Yeah!

Good looking food. Thanks for the great pics and reawakening some fuzzy schlitz memories.

Good looking grub for sure! if I may ask, where did ya get those charcoal baskets? Never seen baskets like that.
Good job!

Good looking grub for sure! if I may ask, where did ya get those charcoal baskets? Never seen baskets like that.
Good job!

Those wire charcoal rails came with the performer when I bought it in 1998.

Last edited:
Back