• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

**** Annual Northern Illinois Brethren Mid Winter Gathering, 2019 Edition!!! - Saturday, Jan. 26th, 2019

Hope the heat is working, what a weekend. Last year we didn’t wear a coat. Never know about the Midwest

So you have one extra bag, would you have a grinder?

I'll upcharge you rather than grind at Meijer

Of course I have a grinder :-D. Two, actually. I can grind it for you, but the grind size is different for press and likely for the K-Cup. I can grind it at our normal setting for drip and you can see how it works.

Last edited:
Good news for us non hipsters, they've added a couple non hipster brews. I think.

TAP LIST
Ye Old Ale • Old Ale • 7.8% ABV
Woolly Slammoth • Pale Ale - Belgian • 5.2% ABV • 30 IBU
Mixed Up Again • IPA - Belgian • 5.4% ABV • 45 IBU
Light as the Breeze • Golden Ale • 4.9% ABV
Mexican Hot Chocolate Stout • Stout - Other • 5.9% ABV
Providence • Coffee Milk Stout • 5.4% ABV • 22 IBU
Stout Man • Imperial Stout • 10.6% ABV • 50 IBU
Vanilla Stout-man • Stout - Imperial / Double • 10% ABV

We will!

Gang, they are expecting us at 11:30. John from Steamboat is getting there at 11 to set up and I’ll try to get there early.

Don’t forget that cash is preferred for the food ($20, plus gratuity).

OK... I was curious ��. This looks like the history of the organized mid-winter lunches.

Bill, do you remember any others? When did we first to to Thomas BBQ? 2008?

2009 - Uncle Bub’s
2010 - D&B
2011 - Uncle Bub’s
2012 - Sweet Baby Ray’s
2013 - Smoke Ringz
2014 - Real Urban BBQ - Vernon Hills
2015 - Rub’s Backyard BBQ
2016 - Real Urban BBQ - Oakbrook
2017 - BBQ’d Productions
2018 - BBQ Supply Co.
2019 - Dry City/Steamboat BBQ

Oh Captain, My Captain, thank you so much for organizing this gathering. The selection of both location and food provider were both superb. And it's always good to get together at associate faces with member names form the board and share stories about one of our favorite pastimes.

Thanks!

PS: Sat with Bill-Chicago and he doesn't look anything like his picture. For that matter neither do you.

Oh Captain, My Captain, thank you so much for organizing this gathering. The selection of both location and food provider were both superb. And it's always good to get together at associate faces with member names form the board and share stories about one of our favorite pastimes.

Thanks!

PS: Sat with Bill-Chicago and he doesn't look anything like his picture. For that matter neither do you.

:becky:

It was great seeing you again! I am glad that you enjoyed it!

Here is a quick post of my pictures. I’ll come back and add names once I get on my laptop.

FletcherD and HankB closest to the camera

John from Steamboat BBQ in back, Mr. Smoke Freaks and Mrs. Stoke & Smoke

Bill-Chicago and T&S BBQ

L-R, Sandy and Tim from Stress Relief BBQ, Brandon (organizer of the Central Illinois BBQ Throwdown), Paul of Smokin' Ghost and Mrs. Smoke Freaks

Mr. Smoke Freaks

Mr. and Mrs. Stoke&Smoke and Jeurgens Smokehouse

Bill-Chicago, FletcherD and Mr and Mrs. HankB

Sweetsmoke87 and his entourage :-D

L-R Foreground, Mrs. T&S BBQ, Mrs. Teebody, Teebody and T&S BBQ, Chicago KP in the background.

The Smoke Freaks with a cutting board given them by Pitty Que

L-R, BBQ and Beer (hidden in back), Grabnabber and Grabnabber Jr. :-D, Neotrout and friends

The Smoke Freaks (center) and PittyQue (outside)

CCBBQ and friend

Last edited:
Was a great time as always. But I hope most of the people that showed up today also show up for the Summer Bash. While the food at most of the winter get togethers is good, the food at the bash is so much better.

Was a great time as always. But I hope most of the people that showed up today also show up for the Summer Bash. While the food at most of the winter get togethers is good, the food at the bash is so much better.

I'd love to attend the summer bash but I've had conflicts so far.

Do we have a date yet? I'm guessing that whoever is doing it already has a shelter reserved.

I'd love to attend the summer bash but I've had conflicts so far.

Do we have a date yet? I'm guessing that whoever is doing it already has a shelter reserved.

That would be me, and no date yet. I'm waiting on a couple of competition dates to be firmed up. Soon :-D

Last edited:
Back