• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Brining Pork Loin

firefighter4634

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I have never used a brine on anything, so this new to me. But I know it is suppose to help with moisture and since pork loin tends to dry out after you slice it I thought it might be worth a try. The only thing is I ate some brinned loin from a BBQ guy once and it seemed salty. So can you brine and good moisture results without adding to much of a salt taste to the end product. And if so what mixture would you suggest for brinning and for how long.

If you over brine it will be salty too. Also you can always add less salt to your brine. Plenty of good recipes for brines out there. I always brine my chicken/turkey and lean cuts of pork.

You mentioned that the loin drys out after cutting. Double check that your not cutting into it without a rest period.

i have brined the last couple pork loins I have smoked and they have turned out great. The last one I did had apricot nectar in it to help cut the salt, and it was fantastic. I will be home tonight and send you the recipe. With brines, you just have to be sure your ratios are correct and not let the meat soak that long. All cuts have different brining times due pork loin/chicken/turkey/pork chops, etc. all being different sizes.

Back