• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "Pot Pie" Throwdown

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"Pot Pies"[/size]
bison_pot_pie.jpg

Photo courtesy of bisonbasics.com

...as chosen by Plowboy, the winner of the Holiday Festive Throwdown!

Because I forgot to post this Friday, meaning we missed basically a weekend to enter, I will extend this throwdown for an extra week. As an added bonus, any Pot Pies made during this weekend (since Friday 12/11) can also be entered.

Here are the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

1) The dish must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown period ( 12/11 - 12/27 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on the night of 12/27.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin Monday 12/28 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 1/1. All votes will be public.

Don't forget the Cajun/Creole Throwdown is still accepting entries until midnight Sunday night (12/13)!

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Bacon Throwdown, Gore!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Entries could be all over the board on this one. Gonna be fun!

I have a question on the definition of pot pie. Does the crust have to be a traditional pastry? Could other starches be used for crusting materials? Or other types of pastry materials?

I have a question on the definition of pot pie. Does the crust have to be a traditional pastry? Could other starches be used for crusting materials? Or other types of pastry materials?

Like a bacon weave? :roll:

Uhm, I've seen Todd's pot pie and tried to make it. We've got our work cut out for us here.

Yum, pot pies! Gore wont use bacon as a crust, he will make the pie plate from bacon.

Like a bacon weave? :roll:

The thought did occur to me!

I like...:p

Just waiting for Gore's reply on this one.:rolleyes:

Yum, pot pies! Gore wont use bacon as a crust, he will make the pie plate from bacon.

MAN, don't give him IDEAS!!!
I just bought a 3 lb chuckie with nice fat content to be smoked for a BEEF pot pie. Taurus mod.

i wonder if Gore will ever make his on a smoker made of bacon?:cool:

People did say that we'd never go to the moon too. Gore and bacon? I ain't makin that bet.

I think Gore made be made of bacon.

Bacon? Why didn't I think of that?

Master says it is too cold to use the offset to make "Pot Pie" and unless I finish the stand for the new Primo Oval, there will be no pot pie entry, bacon-weave or not.

Back